Chapter 18

Cara's POV

My hand immediately went to my mouth, when I couldn't help but let a gasp slip from my lips. I saw something that I would only think of seeing in a nightmare: Niall, Louis, Harry, Zayn, and Liam were all chained up to the farthest wall, completely covered in blood-I'm guessing their own- and bruises, some of their arms or legs were sticking out at odd angles as if they had been broken, which they probably had. All heads in the room snapped to where I was standing...including Seth's. His face went deathly pale when he saw me. I just gaped at him, tears in my eyes,

"What have you done to them," I whispered.

Seth opened his mouth, but no words came out.

He started to come towards me, but I wanted to be as far away from him as possible. I tried to back up, but tripped on the stair, but he continued to come closer and I felt myself being frozen to the spot. He gently grasped my cheek his hand, but I flinched away from his touch. I started to shake violently as a hot, salty tear made its way from my tightly shut eyes. I slowly opened my eyes to get a better look at the guys. They hung limply from their chains, and their tattered clothes lay in heaps of scraps on the floor, long bloodied slashes marking their already bruised skin. Just the sight of them making more tears pour from my eyes.

"Why?" I asked him, though it came out more like a sob.

"I just didn't want them to take you away from me," he said quietly. Then I heard one of the boys moan, it was like having my heart ripped in half. I quickly shot up and went over to the one who had: Harry. I gently caressed his cheek, but then I turned around.

"What can I do?" I asked Seth, and my voice cracked. He was leaning against the wall, his eyes closed, but they softly fluttered open upon hearing my question.

"They need blood," He said hoarsely. I quickly turned to Harry and held out my wrist in front of his mouth. It only took a second before a searing pain shot up my arm, I whimpered slightly and leaned against the wall with my other hand for support. Then his green eyes snapped open and he stopped drinking from my wrist, and right before my eyes I could see his body healing itself.

After just a few minutes of staring in awe, most of the slashes had slightly healed. His eyes once again opened and he spotted me,"Cara?" He asked, his voice rough and hoarse.

I nodded tears once again filling my eyes. I then turned to Seth,"How do I get their chains off?" I asked.

He just pointed a shaking finger to over where I saw keys hanging from a hook. I darted over there, grabbing the keys. I tried to be gentle as I unlatched the chains from his wrists and ankles. He soon fell against me for support which I gladly gave him. I gently sat him down against the wall so I could free the other boys. I went over Niall and held up my already sore wrist to his mouth, and just as Harry had done only minutes ago, he immediately sunk his fangs deep into my wrist.

I whimpered slightly at the intense pain shooting up through my arm. My knees felt weak as I leaned on the wall for support. His blue shot open and he immediately stopped drinking from my wrist,

"Cara, oh my God. Cara," he said. I nodded as tears streamed down my face. I unlocked his chains and he stumbled on me as Harry had. I gently led him over to where Harry was sitting and softly laid him next to him. Blood was forming a small stream as it made its red path down my arm. I was already weak from just Harry and Niall, and I slightly stumbled to where Louis was. I held up my other arm this time, he didn't open his eyes, but he quickly started taking huge gulps. After a while he stopped, and when he did, I slowly unlocked his chains to have him stumble against the wall.

He started asking me way to many questions for me to make sense of, his voice sounded like it was coming from the end of a long tunnel. My knees buckled from underneath me and I fell against Louis. I can't pass out, I have to stay strong for Liam and Zayn. I slowly stumbled over to Liam and held my wrist up for him to bite, shutting my eyes waiting. It took him longer than the rest, but he eventually bit his slender fangs into my tender flesh.