Introduction

The Prophecy

In years to come there will be a Dragon Keeper who will be very powerful in the ways of fire. The Keeper and dragon will defeat Rataero and destroy the evil and darkness.  

My name is Amy Stone and I am 15. Well that is until this evening. See today is my birthday and in just a few hours I will be 16 and my life will be changed forever I just didn't know it yet. My home is in the Santana Valley. I've lived here my whole life. It's a quiet town in Artasia. There are about 100 people here. On one side of the valley there is a forest that is so green and full of nature wonders that I could be there for hours watching and listening. On the other side are the mountains that shield the valley. They're tall and have a purplish blue hue to them. I love my valley I always thought of it as a place of safety. My home is small but big enough for me and my sister Gemina. Ever since we lost our parents in the Great Quake we have been inseparable. My sister is a year younger than me and has blonde hair that flows down her back like seas of golden grass in the wind. Her eyes are the prettiest blue I've ever seen before. Me though my hair is pure black and my eyes are a fiery red like that of a sunset. We have a pretty normal routine: we would get up and I would pack some food and grab my bow and head to the forest to hunt for the weeks usual supply of food. Gemina would be at home cooking what was there for when I got back. But on the day of my birthday our routine was disturbed.