Chapter 2

I emerged from the hills to see the house and quickly sped up. I reached the house and found Gem sitting at the small table with it set with food."Hey sorry if I worried you I kinda got distracted from the time.""It's okay I'm just glad to see you safe.""Umm...."I paused unsure how to tell her about the strange rock."So I found this strange rock in the woods that kinda scared away a buck and distracted my time keeping." I said while slowly pulling it out. She looked at it with a puzzled expression"Do you know what it is Amy?""No but it's cool looking so I decided to keep it.""And where will you put it?""On my dresser in my room.""Okay."Leaving the kitchen I went to my room and set it down on the dresser. Afterwards I came back down after having a shower and joined Gem for lunch. "So what are the plans for today Gem?" I may be the oldest but Gem was kind of the one who took care of things. "Well I thought we could go out and look at the shops and buy a bit more food.""Sounds good." I said finishing up."You ready?" She got up and took the plates to the sink and quickly washed them."Yeah just give me a second to get some money" I waited a second. "It's been a second!""Oh haha very funny." She says as she comes around the corner into the kitchen."Come on" I followed her out and we headed to the local bakery first. As we entered the bakery the sweet smells if bread hit my nose and I pulled as much of the sweet scent as I could into my lungs."Mmmm I love the smell of the bakery."We reached the counter and waited for the baker to finish with another customer. When he was done he came over to us. "What can I do for you ladies?""We would like to get 2 loaves of bread.""Okay coming right up." He disappeared behind the back doors and reappeared a few seconds later with two loaves. "Here you are ma'am.""Thank you. Now how much do I owe you?""Four dollars ma'am."Gem hands him the money and grabs the loaves and heads to the door and outside with me following."What now?" I asked her. "Now we get to shop for ourselves." I smiled and took off toward the best store that I loved: the book store. Upon entering I saw row after row of books and immediately went to the fantasy section. I loved reading about dragons, and other mystical creatures. I scrolled down the shelf and found a section on dragons I started to pull two out and then saw a bigger one. I put the other two back and got that one instead. I sat down on the floor and started to read it. I was only a quarter of the way through it when Gem came and found me. "I knew you would be here." I stood up immediately clutching the book to my chest. "You want that book then?" I nodded my head vigorously. "Okay then come on it's almost dark." We paid for the book and started walking home. We reached the house just when it got dark. I went to my room and started reading again until Gem called to say it was time for dinner. I reluctantly put the book down and went to the kitchen. After dinner we both turned for the night. I sat there on my bed still reading the book till my eyes dropped and I fell asleep.