Dean: Bacon Cheeseburger with a Side of Cas

I take a big bite  of my bacon cheeseburger. "Carry On My Wayward Son" plays in the retro diner. Castiel Novak stares at me with an unamused blank expression. He doesn't hold it for long and breaks into a  smile as I continue to munch loudly,  satisfied with my food.
"Geez" I mumble with a mouthful of burger, "it's been a hell of a long time since I've had a burger this good".
Castiel chuckles and flips through the menu.
"You just couldn't wait for me to order could you?" He says in a husky voice.
"Guess not," I say taking another huge munch of food. Cas plucks a fry from my plate. I finish my burger and wipe my hands. I graze my hand over Cas' hand and run my finger gently over his veins. His smile lines show through as his face lights up with a grin.
"How'd we end up here Cas? After everything we've been through?" I ask with a humorous tone.
Still smiling, he looks down and shakes his head.
"Not sure... But I'm ok with it," he raises his eyebrows at me with the hopeful look of a kid asking for ice cream.
"You're so cute. Now order already."
"Slow your horses cowboy. This was your idea! What kind of guy eats separately from his date, huh? Dean Winchester, the most flirtatious man I've met, can't even eat when his date eats," Cas says easily.
"Well that's me buddy, you got a problem with that?" I joke. His face softens and he gives me a puppy dog grin.
"No problem at all."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We walk out of the diner hands clasped and swinging. The warm summer air blows Cas' long trench coat and I glance at it as it billows behind him as we walk.  We look around New Haven, the small town we are staying in.
"Cute little town eh?" Cas comments as we pass the little shops and bookstores.
I scoff. "Sure, if you're boring." Cas sends me a glare. I shrug and raise my hands.
"Well we're the exception I guess," I say scanning the small street.
"Do we have any leads on our newest mission?" Cas asks.
"Sam's with Jess at the library. What do you say we go home and watch a couple of flicks?"
"It's not our biggest concern..." Cas says with warning in his eyes. I let out a laugh. Now it's my turn to give the puppy dog eyes.
"... But I suppose a few hours won't hurt the hunt right?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A couple hours later Cas and I wake up cuddled on the couch. The crappy motel T.V light flickers about and I slowly get up as not to wake Cas. I flick the T.V off and walk to the small kitchen area.  I begin to brew a cup of coffee. I sigh. I think to myself, after all this time, after all me, Cas and Sam have been through, how has it taken so long for me and Cas to admit to ourselves and each other that we had a connection? I mean, we've literally been through hell and back together... I still remember the night. The taste of his lips and the familiar smell. But this time it was different. There was a new feeling growing inside me and I could sense it as I embraced him. That night I could never forget. At that moment I knew I'd never be the same.