Chapter 15

The next day I woke up at 4 am to go visit my mom and because I didn't want to face Joe or anyone else for the next two days. Lucky for me Jess wasn't here yet, she must of gone home with some guy. I took a quick shower and did my makeup, I didn't want to look like I had been crying all night. I packed some clothes so I could stay over my moms house and I headed off. While I was driving I got hungry so I stopped at jack in the box to get some breakfast. "Good morning. May I get 2 spicy chicken sandwiches, large fries, and a regular sized Dr. Pepper please." "Of course" I ate my food as fast as I could so I could get home early to surprise mom. Knock knock. There was no response. After a few minutes I heard footsteps coming from the inside, getting louder as it got closer. And there she was, the beautiful woman that gave birth to me. "Mom, I miss you so much. I can't do it , mom I need you by my side." I fell down to my knees tearing up, not only because I missed my mom but also because of what Joe had done and said to me. "Oh baby, it's 6 in the morning. Cmon lets go inside baby. It's okay calm one and tell me what's wrong." My mom was my bestfriend, we told each other everything so she knew when something was wrong." I got up and went inside. "- and so I left because I couldn't take it anymore." I told my mom everything. She just sat there looking at me. I didn't know what she was thinking but once a tear started to fall down my cheek she took me into her arms and held me tight to get heart. I could hear her heart so calm and slow, it made me feel safe. Even though I was 18 already I was still my moms little girl. "Baby, listen. You didn't let him explain anything.. Maybe that girl jumped on him and he just..." I looked at her. "Mom I know what I saw, she didn't jump on him. He was... Kissing her all over." I couldn't help but cry. "Luna, honey. I can't tell you that everything will be okay in just a click of a button, but trust me when you get the over this you are going to realize that it wasn't worth it." She game me the warming smile that I had grown up with. "Now come on and lets get you some food. I'll bake you your favorite cake. Chocolate cake covered in Chocolate fudge." She knew me so well. That brought a smile to my face. I spent the day with mom out shopping , we went to the museum and the planetarium. The day consisted of happy memories we had and a lot of laughter. I didn't think once about Joe. At dinner time we went to a restaurant, our favorite, the one that we always went to with dad. After dinner we went home and straight to bed. "Goodnight mom, I love you." "I love you too honey." As I laid in bed I checked my phone. It was full of messages from Jess, Jessy, Blake, Emily, and the rest of the squad. But what caught my eyes were the 30 messages from Joe.

Joe: Luna, please answer me, I have tried calling you.
Joe: Where are you no one has seen you or heard from you.
Joe:I'm sorry , just please answer me. I need to know your okay.
Joe: Please Luna. Let me explain.

I ignored all of the messages. Especially Joe's. He kept texting to please listen to him, but at anytime was I going to answer so I turned off my phone. I was really tired of the amazing day I had spent with my mom so as soon as I placed my phone on the night stand I fell asleep.

*********
I woke up crying in the middle of the night, for the same person that I had cried for the day before. I didn't want to keep crying or I would wake up my mom but I couldn't help it. It was the type of crying where you cry but nothing comes out. All you feel is that pain in your heart slowly killing you. I turned on my phone ignoring all the messages and put in my headphones. The whole night I layed in bed crying until I fell asleep.

**********

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask :) 💙