Chapter 17

I got to school at 6 so I had 30 minutes to eat before class started. Instead of eating in school I went to Ihop. By the time I finished eating my food it was 6:30. I was late. I didn't feel like going to class but I had to, if I didnt I would upset the coach. I walked into my 1st period awkwardly. "Ahh, miss solo you made it.please take a seat." I was 10 minutes late to class so I didn't really care. Emily and Kyle stared at me as if they had seen a dead person get up from their tomb. Instead of sitting with them I sat by myself in the back of the class. Class seemed to pass my really slow especially with all this English work. We were reading Romeo and Juliet. Ugh I hated it so much, but I couldn't do anything about it. I Waited and waited until there was only one minute of class. I stared at the clock for 60 second until the bell rang. I was the first one out of there, I didn't want to deal with all the questioning from Kyle and Emily. "Luna! Wait for us!" Great. I tried to walk as fast as I could but my short legs didn't cooperate with me. And so they caught up to me. " you walk fast to be a little short person" not fast enough to run away from both of you. anyways. LUNA! DO YOU KNOW HOW WE WERE ALL WORRIED ABOUT YOU! JESS BLAMED HERSELF FOR LOOSING YOU THAT NIGHT OF THE PARTY!" She was mad, I was kind of funny actually. "Look Emily I was just at my moms house. There was nothing to worry about." "Nothing to worry about!? Luna we went crazy! We though you got raped or got inducted by aliens." Of course Kyle would say something like that. "Shut up Kyle only you thought that" Emily added in. "Look guys I'm sorry I'll apologize to everyone today at lunch okay?" "Well alright, now lets go to class." And so we did. The next class went by way slower than English had, I couldn't keep my eyes opened but I had to. As I was closing my eyes the bell rang. And I got up as quick as I could and got out of there been followed my Emily. "Have you talked to Joe? You know he is worried sick." Emily said. "No. And I don't care." I said with no emotion in my voice. "Oh." Once we got to the table we usually sit at everyone stopped and looked at me. They all immediately got up and hugged me but at the same time they were mad at me. "Look guys I want to apologize for worrying all of you, I was with my mom so I couldn't really answer any of you. I am really sorry and I promise it won't happen again." They all looked and and laughed. And all at once they said "apology accepted." After that we started to eat. I hear a very familiar voice. A voice that always made me get butterflies flies. It was Joe. I tried to hide myself between Jess and Emily but he saw me. "Luna..." I quickly got up and said goodbye to everyone. "Gotta blast! See y'all later" and I was out of there real quick. Joe called out. "Luna wait!" I ran as fast as I could out of the cafeteria into the halls. Sadly he was a football player so he ran faster than me. He grabs me by my hand and turns me around. "Luna just please listen give me 5 minutes to explain please. I beg you." I really didn't want to listen to him but what did I have to loose. "Talk." I said looking at the clock on my phone. "Look I know what I did was wrong but... But I had been trying to get that girl for a long time. But it never worked. So then I met you. And I ... I started to... Get feelings for you. She saw me giving all of my attention to you and not her so she got jealous. She kept insisting to go with her somewhere quiet where we could talk but I kept saying no until she just jumped on me and started to kiss me. I had been trying to get her and I finally had her all over me so... So I kissed her back..." "Ok. Good to know. Bye." I wanted to cry but I couldn't. Not in front of Joe."Luna wait." He took me by the hand. "Please forgive me. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I did. I'm sorry for what I said. Just please, I can't stand you been mad at me . I can't stand going a day not talking to you. Please." He looked sorry. "You know what's funny? I thought you weren't like the rest of these guys but I was wrong. I don't want to hear a single word from you ever again. I don't care about anything anymore. You do you and I 'll do me." I walked off leaving Joe in the middle of the hall all my himself. For the rest of the day I didn't socialize, all I wanted to do was go to practice and do what I love the most. Cheer. Cheer always took my mind off of things, especially when my team was like a family to me. For the rest of the day I kept daydreaming until school was over. I thought practice would help me keep my mind off of things but ... I was wrong.