Chapter four

I'm sorry it's so late! DX I just had a break from Wattpad for a while, but I'm back now, and I think this is the longest chapter I have ever written for this story :P I'm not going to give any spoilers, but I hope you love the ending of this chapter as much as I do! XD

Anyway, enjoy

Tj <3

A week later

 I awoke to the amazing feeling of Gus's arms around me. That was something I hadn't felt in a very long time, and I loved it. I looked up to see his angelic, sleeping face and smiled, leaning up to brush my lips against his softly.

He stirred and opened one eye. "Goodmorning, Hazel Grace."

I grinned and giggled lightly. "Goodmorning, Augustus."

"How did you sleep?" he asked politely, adjusting his position so he was on his side, holding me to his chest.

"Fantastically," I breathed against his shirt. I stopped and sat up straight.

"What's wrong?" he asked, looking confused.

"I-I" I stuttered. "I'm..."

He sat up too. "Hazel Grace, what's wrong?"

"I'm breathing," I whispered. "I'm actually, properly breathing. No wheezing, no fluidy lungs, no dizziness. I"m just... Breathing."

He looked at me with an amazed expression. "Hazel Grace, that's brilliant!"

I looked at him and grinned. "I know!"

"You're getting better! That is amazing!" He hugged me tightly and I hugged him back just as tight.

We got up and out of bed a few minutes later. I had completely forgotten how easy it was to walk around without my tank or cannula. Gus looked pretty happy about it too, since he could now pick me up with ease. Well, with as much ease as he could with me squirming to get out of his arms. I gave up after a few minutes and let him carry me.

I had decided to travel with the Doctor, Augustus by my side. I still never ceased to be amazed by the size of the TARDIS. I mean, it was bigger on the inside! Gus had explained to me how it worked and we had visited a few different planets already. The TARDIS was currently floating through space, surrounded by the most beautiful star constellations I had ever seen.

Gus carried me bridal style into the control room where the Doctor was apparently waiting for us. He smiled when he saw us and I blushed and buried my face in Gus's shirt, much to the amusement of both men. I couldn't help but smile when I felt Augustus's chest vibrate against my cheek with his laughter.

And my smile stayed when I breathed in his familiar scent of stale ciggarettes.

After a minute, I looked up to see him staring down at me. I could read the emotions in his eyes: Happiness, hope, and most importantly, love.

I reached up to run my finger over his lips which were frozen in his signature smile. The same smile that made me fall for him in the first place. His hand moved to hold mine, moving it away from his face before pressing his lips to mine. I instinctively kissed him back, smiling as I did.

When he pulled away, I looked over to where the Doctor was standing and noticed he had turned away out of respect, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

Gus smiled and put me down. "Thank you" I mumbled and he nodded.

I sat down on one of the comfy seats in the control room and looked up to the Doctor.

"Where are we going today?" I smiled.

The Doctor glanced over to Gus who nodded softly. I looked between the two of them and was about to say something when the Doctor spoke.

"We're going to the planet Anora. It's beautiful there: the pristene green lakes, the purple sky, the blue blossom trees..." he smiled. "You would love it there, Hazel."

"It sounds amazing!" I smiled, forgetting whatever it was I was going to say before. I looked to Gus. "Don't you think it sounds beautiful?"

He nodded, a smile spreading over his face. "I do."

I jumped up and clapped my hands like a 3-year-old. "Let's go!"

* * *

I ran out of the TARDIS as soon as it landed. I had Gus's hand clasped firmly in mine as I dragged him behind me. I grinned as I looked around. The lake we had landed next to was a beautiful emerald green, fading to a more pastel green as the water grew shallower. I ran over, kicked off my shoes and walked in. The water went up to my knees and was pleasantly warm.

"The water tastes like honeydew," The Doctor said from behind us. "It's alright. It's safe to drink. Taste it."

I looked down to the water before scooping some up in my hands. I brought it up to my lips and tasted it.

"It does!" I grinned and Augustus smiled back at me as he watched from the bank.

I walked back out of the water and shook my legs dry, outting my shoes back on.

I looked up at the bright ube shade of purple that coloured the sky above me. Looking to my left and right I saw blossom trees for as far as I could see. The shade of their petals anywhere between cerulean and aero blue.

Gus took my hand and we walked towards the flowering trees. I smiled and let him lead me through the blue and brown forrest.

We were pretty far in when he let go of my hand and looked around, his hands in his pockets. "Isn't it gorgeous?"

"It really is," I replied, my smile never leaving my face. I closed my eyes and tilted my head back. I raised my arms up and spun around, feeling the silken petals caress my arms and face as they fluttered down from the branches.

I turned to face Gus, stopped spinning and opened my eyes. I giggled and he watched me with a smile on his face. I walkedover to him and hugged him, burying my face in his shirt. I felt his arms hold me to his chest and smiled.

"I love you," I told him, my voice muffled by his shirt.

"I love you too," he replied and I could hear the smile in his voice. "So much."

I was content to stay in his arms until the Judgement Day, but he pulled away and looked into my eyes.

"Hazel Grace, you are the best thing that ever happened to me."

"And you are the best thing that ever happened to me," I smiled back.

"I loved you from the moment I saw you, and knew right then and there that I could never live without you. I love you so much and I will for the rest of my life. Hazel Grace," he paused before slowly kneeling down on his good knee. My eyes widened and I gasped, my hands flying to cover my mouth once it clicked in my head what was happening.

"Will you marry me?"