Chapter Fifteen

They remained stiff as they stared at each other, the silence only broken when Rose swung her arm and slapped him across the face. The Doctor just closed his eyes and took it.

"Mummy! Don't hit Daddy!" Violet shouted.

"You knew!" screamed Rose. "You knew it would happen! You knew that my husband would die and you didn't tell me!"

"I didn't know, Rose."

"Yes you did! You know everything, so of course you would know this was going to happen!"

"Mummy! Stop shouting at Daddy. I don't like it!" Violet yelled and started to cry.

"He's not your Daddy," Rose said bitterly. "Your Daddy is gone. He's not your Daddy."

Violet burts into tears and ran to Gus, clinging to his leg. He picked her up and cradled her to his chest.

"It's alright, Vi," he whispered. I stroked her hair in a feeble attempt to calm her down. She continued to cry, but reached over to hold my hand.

"Actually, I do believe you'll find that she is my daughter," The Doctor replied calmly.

"She's not your child!" cried Rose. "She's not your daughter she was his daughter!"

"Violet is half timelord, yes?"

"Yes..." she replied hesitantly.

"Rose, your husband was human! Therefore, she could not have been his daughter unless she was conceived in the TARDIS, which she was not. Don't you see? I am Violet's father!" he explained.

Rose turned and looked at Violet, still cradled and sobbing in Augustus' arms, clenching my hand in hers. Rose wiped her eyes and walked over to us with a weak smile. She mouthed a thank you before reaching over to take Violet.

"Hey Vi," she said softly. "Do you want to say hi to Daddy?"

Violet nodded and climbed over to her mother. Rose carried her over to The Doctor.

"Say hi to Daddy."

"Hello Daddy," Violet smiled, wiping her eyes. She reached her arms out to The Doctor, who picked her up.

"Hello Violet," he smiled, his eyes brimming with tears. He then pulled her into a tight hug, tears spilling over and falling into his daughters hair.

"I love you Daddy," Violet mumbled.

"I love you too, sweetheart," he replied, is voice breaking.

Seeing The Doctor reunited with the woman he loved and his daughter was truly beautiful. I couldn't help shedding a few tears.

My hands rested on my stomach and I felt the yearning I had for my own child that I had felt so often lately. Gus hugged me from behind, placing his hands over mine and kissing my cheek.

""You're going to be the world's greatest dad," I told him.

"Well isn't it just a coincidence that you're gonna be the best mum ever?"

"Augustus Waters: King of cheese," I laughed.

"I am the cheese king and I take pride in it," he grinned.

~~~

For the rest of the night we watched The Doctor and Rose run around with their daughter, playing games.

"It's getting cold out here," I coughed. "It's triggering my asthma. Can we go inside please?"

"Yeah, sure," Gus nodded. "We should probably sleep anyway. It's getting late."

I nodded and we both descended the basement stairs, going straight to sleep.