Chapter Eleven

Hiiii. Sorry I haven't updated in ages. I've been having a hard time concentrating on stuff, so yeah. This chapter is focused on the Doctor and his mostly made up backstory. Here you go :)

"I'm gonna go talk to him," I told Gus as I stood up.

"Is that really a good idea? He seems really upset. Maybe it's best to leave him," Augustus suggested quietly.

I shook my head. "No, Gus. He's been so mopey. I want to help him feel better."

I nodded and I left the room to go find The Doctor. I eventually found him in the control room, staring at no point in particular. I sat down next to him. He didn't notice.

"Talk to me."

"What?" he asked as he turned to look at me, snapping out of his trance.

"You're so mopey. Talk to me. You'll feel better."

He sighed. "I don't want to talk, Hazel. But thanks for your concern."

I shook my head. "Nope. I'm not taking no for an answer, now talk to me."

"Fine. I miss her."

"Your Rose?"

"Yes," he said softly, nodding his head. "I really loved her, Hazel. And she loved me. But now she's gone forever."

"Why is she gone? Did she fall in love with somebody else?" I pressed softly.

He shook his head. "No. If only that were what happened."

"Did she... Pass on?"

"No. She was pulled into an alternate reality. The thing is, Hazel, long story short, I wound up with a clone of me. She is in the alternate reality with him. He's human, so they can live together for their whole lives. She has me, but I can't have her."

"Were you going to ask her to marry you, Doctor?"

He nodded the smallest of nods.

"And that's why you walked out at the wedding."

He nodded again.

"Then how come you left when my pregnancy scan was positive?"

"Hazel, please."

"No, you need to talk. Why did you leave?"

"Please, Hazel. Just stop asking me that."

"Why, Doctor?" I asked one more time. He had his head in his hands at this point.

"Fine!" He shouted loud enough for it to echo, and stood up, rubbing the back of his neck. "Fine. You win, Hazel," he laughed bitterly. "Rose was pregnant. She didn't know it, but she was. I was going to tell her, and if she reacted well, I was going to ask her to marry me. Now she's in a completely different reality, with my child that she thinks the bloody clone is the father of!" I could she his eyes growing glassy and knew I had gone too far.

"Doctor, I-I'm sorry."

He didn't say anything as he broke down in tears, falling to his knees.

"It happened again!"

I sat next to him and pulled him into my arms. I held him as he cried into my shoulder.

"They all leave. I can't have anyone. They all get taken from me! What did I do to deserve this in the first place?"

"Deserve what?" I asked him softly.

"Everyone I love is taken from me. My first wife, my children, Rose... They're all gone!"

"What happened to your family, Doctor?"

"I tried to save them. I tried so hard... They were killed in the Time War... My wife was the first to go. She was trying to protect my son and my daughter from the Daleks, but they killed her without mercy. Then they killed my two children. I couldn't do anything to stop them. I can still remember their screams as though I'm back there all over again. And now Rose is gone! Why does everyone I love leave me? What did I do to deserve this punishment?"

I couldn't think of anything to say to try to comfort him. I just continued to hold him as his body shook with sobs.

"I'm jealous of you and Augustus. You're married with a child on the way and I'm left with nothing. It's not fair. It's just not fair."

SORRY! Short chapter... Blame the writer's block. So I have no idea how many kids the Doctor actually had, so I made it up and I have no idea what happened to them or his wife. And another shocker about Rose! Yes I made it up and yes, it's cliche... But I don't care. I hope you liked it :)