Deenas street life

The cab stopped outside my nans house at 2 oclock.I paid the cab driver and took my suitcase out of the back.

I walked to the house and unlocked the door.

When i got in to the front room, my mum ran up to me and hugged me and I looked to see my nan crying and Uncle Jason comforting her.

"Grandma." I said. I hugged her and she couldnt even look at me without crying. She didnt say anything except cry, I looked at the cuts on her head and tried not cry.

"Deena, come to the kitchen," my mum said.

I wiped my eyes and walked into the kitchen with my mum. she closed the door and hugged me.

"The police came and took a statement," she said.

"When did it happen," I asked.

"Two nights ago," she said, "Jason said she came home and went straight to bed and told him the next day."

I started crying. 

"She wouldnt speak," mum said, "she wouldnt speak until i came and called the police."

I wiped my eyes.

"Deena, you have to be strong for her," she said, "we all do."

"What kind of people would do this?".

"Mugging and old lady and punching her for her purse," mum said, "she said it was two boys about your age, how did you get a flight back so quick."

"Aunt Mable," i said, "her man works for the airline." I started crying so hard again. I was back in London and didnt wanna be. It had only be three weeks since I left and my maj called me to tell me to come back cos of what had happened to my nan.

I walked out of the kitchen and sat next to my nan.

She looked at me and started crying, she hugged me.

"When i catch de fuckers who did dis," Uncle Jason said.

I looked at my nan and said, "its gonna be ok."

She hugged me and said, "You see what dis city is coming too, look at me, almost pushing 65 and i get mugged for my purse by two boys young enough to be my grandchildren."

I looked at my mum and said, "The police are gonna catch them innit."

My mum nodded.

Then she beckoned me, we went back into the kitchen.

"Deena, i know you're concerned, but you know you cant stay here for too long," she said.

"Mum i just got back,".

"Deena babes I know, but the whole point of you going Spain was to take you away from all this, I called Uncle Paul, he said you can stay with one of his friends in Hendon until you need to get back to Spain, ive told mum, she understands."

I looked at my mum and said, "I cant stay even just for tonight."

"Yeah you can Deena, but im scared about that Ryan boy, what if he knows you're back."

I looked at her and said, "Where's this place in Hendon."

That night as I lay next to grandma, I thought of Sorcha and everything that had happened, I just lay there wondering about what had happened to her, how even though Smurkz said he gave me herpes when i got tested in Spain, it said i didnt have it.

I cried thinkin about how my mum was scared for me to even be in my nans house too long.

Spain had been so nice, like there were no problems, Aunt Mable and her man were so much joke, we went out every night and when Aunt Mable was at work, Id spend the days with her man when he wasnt working. It was good. It felt bare nice and it was bare big.