Chapter Six

After an hour or two on Grand Theft Auto, Michael announced that we weren't playing anymore. I looked at him questioningly but he simply stood, grabbed my hand and pulled me up off the sofa. He guided me to the bedroom where he handed me my towel and toiletry bag and told me to go shower. I did it without asking questions because I simply loved surprises.

After my shower I returned to an empty bedroom. On the bed lay my favourite skinny jeans, my favourite woolly jumper and a pair of new lace-up shoes. I dressed and brushed and blow-dryed my hair. I didn't bother with make-up. I never bothered with make-up.

As an after-thought, I picked up the little heart locket that Michael bought me for my last birthday. Inside it was a picture of us on a day out at the beach, out lips pressed together under the bright sun. I did up the clasp as I walked out of the bedroom and down the stairs.

As I reached the last step I noticed that I could no longer hear Grand Theft Auto or anything else actually. The house was silent.

I wandered uncertainly around the room and spotted a note on the kitchen counter.

"Come outside when you're ready. We're going out :) - Michael xxx" was written on it and so I grabbed my phone, slipped it in my pocket and stepped outside.

I closed the front door behind me and turned towards the street. A little way down the road, Michael stood on the pavement in his jeans, high tops, jumper and beanie. He smiled as I walked towards him.

"What's going-" He kissed me before I could finish.

Just then, brilliantly timed, a taxi pulled up and rolled down it's window.

"Sutthakorn?" The burly, cheerful taxi driver asked.

"Yep." Michael replied, smiling back at the driver, then he opened the side door and I climbed in. Michael climbed in next to me and I put my seat belt on.

"Where to?" Michael leaned over and whispered something to the taxi driver.

"Ooh! Sure! You sure are a lucky young lady." The taxi driver laughed and Michael sat down and put his seat belt on before taking my hand in his, practically radiating happiness.