Chapter Fourteen

(A/N; I'm laughing because it's like 2am and I've decided I'm gonna write fanfiction...this literally describes my life...
Also, I've put this sad 8tracks playlist on while I write this bc it makes me write better if you want to listen while you read here's the link; http://8tracks.com/mixes/3081456 )

I wanted this to be of Michael and I but something happened before Christmas that changed things a lot.
Something bad.
Aiden.
Michael was so upset that day. I think it finally sunk in. All I could do was hold him.
"It'll be fine baby. You can still see him sometimes."
"Claire, he's like a brother to me..."
"I know sweetie. Just try to hold it together for the younow okay?" There were tears in his eyes and I just wanted to be able to make them stop. To make him smile again. I'd have done anything. Anything in the world.
"Please baby. Please smile. It'll be okay. I promise." I kissed his forehead softly as he lay on the sofa with his head in my lap. He buried his face into my jumper and I ran my fingers through his tousled hair.
"I hear Ben's a really nice guy. Haven't you met him before?"
"Yeah..." Michael mumbled into my stomach. It really pained me to see him like this and I wanted him to stop hurting but I knew he only needed time and not much else.
It was time for the younow and Michael had spent about an hour in the shower and the rest just wandering around looking lost. He put on his happy face and Christmas hat and sat bravely in front of the camera. I stood behind the laptop, pulling faces at him to make him laugh when I felt he was losing it.
Just before it was time to tell the fans, Michael got out his phone and texted me.

From
💛my minion💛: how can I do this to them?x

To
💛my minion💛: don't worry darling, I'll be here for you. They'll still love you. I swear it. And hey! Have you been on my phone again you little rascal!

Michael smiled weakly and looked up at me when he read the text. I gave him a thumbs up. He took a deep breath. It began.
Michael almost broke during the younow. You could see the heartbroken look clearly on his face but he held it together. As soon as they were offline the boys all bro-hugged and I gave Aiden a huge hug before Michael collapsed into me.
"Bedtime?"
He nodded against my shoulder.
I took his hand and led him to bed where we didn't bother getting changed before we climbed under the covers and snuggled together, his chest against my back and his arms around my waist. I took his hands in mine and leaned back against him.
"Sorry, Claire Bear." Michael whispered.
"For what, darling?" I turned my head towards him.
"I'm a mess. I should be looking after you not the other way around. I'm sorry." It was such a sincere apology and it melted my heart.
"Sweetie!" I turned around in his grip and faced him. Looking right into his face with my hands on his chest I whispered "there is nothing for you to be sorry for. You looks after me, I look after you, remember?"
"I love you." He whispered and pulled me closer.
"I love you too." I whispered back.
We fell asleep, interwoven like two pieces of a jigsaw puzzle, and slept a long, deep, sad sleep as one does after a good cry.