chapter eight// first jealousy

There is a pic how Ritika looks like.

ABEEG'S POV

"Are you stalking me?" I couldn't believe I was really seeing her. And that was in my house? Shocking!!.. Dad was saying something about her, but I couldn't pay attention. To be honest she was looking like out of this world. Not so many girls could look like this. But it was just I didn't think anybody who had a little sense could look away from her.

"I haven't that bad days that I have to stalking you ! Come down from your dreamland." Her voice got back to me reality. Oh shit. I was praising her. Really!? I shook my head from that thought and for her answer too. Searching for a sharp comeback but couldn't find.

"Do you know each other?" Dad asked, may be my mistake but there was a amused tune in his voice. "Do you know her?" and that question was only for me.

"We are lab partner. Uncle" Ritika replied when I remained silent glaring at her. "Partner!? Seriously? I mean I didn't know he is a social material." Which dad could say it about his son!?. Let me tell you. My Dad could do that job. Bad luck. What can I say!?. Sighing I turned toward him to protest but Ritika cut me off midway "I know uncle. Tough material. But I like danger. You know." She said it like matter-of-factly. When Dad broke into fits of laughter.

"Ritika!!" Another man whom I didn't notice before intervened yelling her name. Opps he was her father then. Quite good looking for his age, what Dad said before, Dr. Jafar. So he was that famous neurologist. Ritika never said it. OK I didn't ask anything her before. Never. And he was my boss too. I totally forgot it.

"Assalamualikum, sir." Hey I was not that spoil brat. I could greet people. He greeted me back. "Sorry, son. May be she really vexed you. Plz don't mind her." Ritika pouted at her father when I kept my mouth shut as didn't know what to say.

"Hey, food is ready. Do I serve them now?" Oh the super woman completed her work. Impressive. I turned around find her patting her hand on her napkin. She looked at me confusingly. "Now!? Everybody should come first. Then we can sit." Ritika's father denied for now saying this. Dad also agreed. His sisters are coming and their childrens too. I never had a good relationship with my cousins. All were irritating.

"By this time, you can see our house. Abeeg, show her the house." What was the problem with Dad? Why will I show her!?. There was nothing interesting in this house. But before I could say anything. The woman said again. "Yeah. Show her. And Abeeg, wear that panjabe (traditional male dress) that I brought for you. I hope you will look good in it."

I shrugged rolling my eyes. I never wore anything that she brought for me. Why she expected that I would do now. But when my eyes pointed on Ritika, she was looking at me with such an intensity. It was overwhelming. I frowned with confusion and it took me some seconds to realise, she was not looking at me. But the woman standing near by me. Somehow it didn't feel good. Why? Didn't know.

"OK. Come. I will show you. But I don't think you like the house." Shit I seriously said it. I was suppose to say no. How come it ended like this!?. Dad raised his eyebrows when Ritika stood up from the sofa. And walked toward me. I leaded her toward the stairs for upstairs when I heard Dad to say something like 'impressive.'

I showed her Dad's bed room. Study room, small terrace by that and when finally reached my room, she stopped by the doorframe. "Should I go inside?" I frowned at her question. "I thought this type of formality applies for girls" I replied pushing the door.

"I asked for another reason." She looked around. It was white based woody room. I didn't like any colour. Quite adorned orderly. Neat and clean. Hey I didn't do it. But She looked impressed.