chapter sixteen// first truth

Ritika's pov

"That was epic. Don't you think so!?" Neil was describing some latest movie and somu was listening patiently. Shan smiled at them and then looked at me. His facial expression clearly declared, how worried he was then. I nodded, assuring him that I was OK. He just sighed, hell good known to him that I was not.

All this while I just could think of his heartbreaking face. The pain was showing whole over the time. That was unforgettable. I just wanted to go back to him, throwing myself in his arms, I just wanted to forget everything. Every pain, every tension, I just wanted some peace. And that would be the perfect place for me.

I sighed, at the day dream. I hoped it would overcame soon. "What do you think, Ritika!?" I snapped out in reality at Neil's voice. I looked at him with a questioning face.

"Sorry guys, just zoned out. Tell me what were you saying!?"

"Let it be. Now a days you spent time with another person rather than us!? What can we say!? And now You even don't give single attention to us."

Drama king. "Nothing like that. Now will you honor to carry on"

"I forget what was saying." He pouted while Shan and Somu laughed. I glared at this asshole, good for nothing.

"Anyway, as I said before, you can use my Porsche if you want. After all you win the bet."

It hurts. Why everything had to end up with him? I would have loved to use his car but now the bet things just disgusted me. I shook my head. "No need."

"What!?" Neil almost screamed standing up. I thought overreaction was the middle name of him. I looked around, as we were sitting at the campus ground. Other Students were stared at us.

"Neil, sit down." Somapti ordered her boy and as usual he followed. But didn't look away from my face. "Y..you don't need that.!? Really?" He smile sheepishly, "but you won the bet, right!? That arrogant jerk is your friend now?"

"Again say it, Neil. I will burn you alive." OK this time I overreacted. But he shouldn't say like this. As I was never violent he stunned at my outburst "Ritika" shan held me before I do anything that I would regret.

"Why, what's the problem!?"

"Nothing, just it's not your place to give anyone character certificate. You don't know him."

"And you know him so well!? How!?"

"Because I am his friend. Crew up your bet nonsense." I don't know why we were yelling at each other. I didn't want anything of this. Wasn't it enough disaster that Abeeg had feelings for me. I was even scared at the 'L' word to say. And we were quarreling here.

"Are you falling for him?." Somu almost whispered with unbelievable expression. I sighed, defeated. While Shan tightened his grip. I had lost myself last night. Shan was horrified about my disastrous situation. I couldn't do that again. So I managed myself quickly.

"It's not.."

"How the hell happened this? Is he... Had he..?." Neil stopped abruptly, may be seeing my frustrated face. I didn't want this conversation. Not now. Please. I breathed in and out for composing. But it wasn't helping.