chapter seventeen// first heartbreak

ABEEG'S POV

Sometime the sound of silence became so scary, so hurtful that its' vibration made hard to breath. I wanted to shut everything, everyone that could stop this scary silence before it could consume me fully. I wanted air, I wanted peace, I wanted to breath, I wanted to think. I..I wanted to understand what was happening. Someone from somewhere was saying something.

"It's too late."

Late!? What was late!? I couldn't gather things in my mind properly.

"She didn't have much time."

What time!? About whom they were talking!? Suddenly without my understanding, my heart stopped beating, blood stopped flowing in my brain because it felt so dead. So dump. I inhaled rapidly to compose the other words.

"She has coronary artery disease, her heart.... Its so l...late.  Sorry son." Whoever was saying this was choking in her own word. I tried to concentrate where was that coming from!? And why that voice was so painful. Heart! It was just an organ, right!? Why it felt like something in my chest was stopped working.

Wait there could be just one person in this whole world who could be directly related to my very existence. But...but why!? What was just said before!? Her heart!? The thing that I wanted to beat only for me. Just like mine was doing.

And that may be could never happen.

It was so so scary, so terrible feeling. Something was alarming me that I should do something, anything that could erase the uncontrollable pain, that could make me able for respiration.

Disease, late, too late. Someone told me before that, nothing could be too late, then why it was. But could I consider it too late.

" I can't. There couldn't be anything between us. Because... Because believe me I'm not worth it."

I snapped at my thought, worth it. Did she consider it as her weakness. I just wanted to scream in anguish. I wanted to someone tell me that everything would be fine. No, I wanted her to say it.

Where was she now!?

I needed to see her. But where the hell I was now!? I looked around to see the place, it's little unknown. When did I come here? And why!? I couldn't remember how I left the hospital. And when? What time it was now!? I moved my body, and only then I noticed the sitting position I was a minute ago.

I stood up, I badly needed to see her. But then I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see, and suddenly a bone crush hug warped me. I just didn't know what to do so stood there silently. While mamoni was simply sobbing.

"Is there no way!? Anything...!?" I asked desperately.

She pulled away," we are trying, I..I'm sorry."