Breaking the Ice (Shingeki no Kyojin fanfic ArminxAnnie)

A/N: Does anyone ever imagine Jean as like, a delinquent child with piercings? YAY FOR ALTERNATE UNIVERSES.  Anyways. Seeing how AruAni has to be my ultimate OTP (Once you see my phone background and albums, you will see my ultimate obsession.), I figured to do this shizznit ;D Of course, without the heart-wrenching feelings of Titan Shifters. Basically, they're all going to a school for select kids with talents. ARUANI <3 Mkay. Let's do this. PS: OOC-NESS AT SOME POINTS. TROLLOLOL. There will be a photo of how I imagine Armin to look like, because omfg I died when I saw it.

~~~~

"Annie.."

“What is it, Nyra?“

“Do we really have to go?“

 "It's the first day of classes, Nyra. There's no use in complaining."

 "You don't want to be here either.."

It was the first day of school for the two girls. The two of them weren't look forwards to classes, especially Annie, who could care less about socializing with anyone other then Nyra, who had stuck to Annie's side for a while. Thankfully, the two had been told they were allowed something to add to their Uniforms. Annie decided to where one of her plain white sweaters, while Nyra was still debating between a plain black sweater, or a dark purple sweater. For now, she had just gone with the black sweater.

 "I've never actually worn a skirt before. Can't we just ditch these uniforms and throw something else on?" Nyra asked with a growl in her voice. Annie simply shook her head. "We can't. We'll just try for today, and if it's not up to our expectations, then we-" "We ditch school and get out of here." Nyra said, finishing her friends sentence, as the two pushed the door open. 

Eyes turned onto the two girls, as they quietly pushed into the classroom, leaning against the wall. Their eyes followed to a rather short, emotionless man. "Oh. You two are the new students. Annie Leonhardt and Anneliese Martin's." he said. Annie turned to Nyra, who shook her head slightly. "Call me Nyra." she said, closing her eyes in irritation at the mention of her name. "Right.. well, why don't you two come up here and introduce yourselves?" the man suggested. "My name is Rivaille, by the way. Just call me Heichou." he spoke, before turning to the class. "As you can all tell, we have two new students." he said, before moving to sit in his chair. Annie gave Nyra a gentle push, while the girl, giving her friend a glare, walked up to the front, arms crossed over her chest as she looked over the class.

 "Well, my real name is Anneliese. Just call me Nyra. There's really not much to know about me, other then the fact that Annie is my closest friend." Nyra's purple eyes fell down to regard her uniform. "Oh. I'm not much for these uniforms either. Annie." Nyra said, shuffling off, just as she caught honey eyes watching the girl closely, light reflecting off the ring around his bottom lip.

 Keeping an emotionless facade as she stood in front of the room. Her eyes locked onto another pair of blue eyes from another blonde haired male, who paused upon seeing the girl. Annie was the one who broke eye contact, looking away. "I'm Annie." she said simply, before she drifted towards Nyra. Rivaille's eyes watched the two, and with a slight shake of his head, the man stood back up, looking at the two empty seats in the back. "I hope you two don't mind sitting in the back." he said, motioning to the two seats in the furthest corner in the room. Annie and Nyra bowed slightly, before the two made their way to the seats, both plopping down.

 Rivaille cleared his throat, getting ready to speak, as footsteps pounded down from the hall. "Hanji-San! Heichou is teaching!" a younger-sounding voice called out. All eyes snapped to the door as it flew open, standing in the door way, were Hanji and Petra. "Oh hello you two!" Hanji said, waving towards Annie and Nyra. The two girls waved back slightly, as Hanji turned to Levi. "Irvin needs you whenever you can! And I suggest we go now. These kids can handle themselves for ten minutes." Hanji said, walking in and pulling Rivaille out. "Levi kicked her in the back when they were out the door, turning to the class with a sigh, his hand pressing to his forehead. "Alright. I'll be back in ten minutes. Make sure you keep everything clean, and make sure you stay under control. I don't want to come back to a giant fucking mess. Otherwise you'll all be cleaning. Understood?" he asked sharply.

 "Understood!" the class repeated, saluting to the male as he left. When they were sure he was gone, a young, bald man stood up, shutting the door quietly, as the classroom inhabitants made their way over to both Annie and Nyra. The two girls looked over everyone, turning to each other and nodding slightly. "I suppose we should know your names first." Nyra said, purple eyes caught honey once, more, as Nyra turned from the male who stared straight at her, to Annie, who had caught the blue eyes of another male. However, just as eye-contact was made, Annie pulled her gaze away from the blue eyed male. "Just tell us your names. We'll know them soon enough." Nyra added.

A brunette girl, holding a fresh baked potato, her arm linked with the bald boy who closed the door spoke up. "I'm Sasha! Baldie down here is Connie!" she said happily. Connie groaned, shaking his head, but waved to the two. Annie nodded towards the two, while Nyra smiled at Sasha's enthusiasm.

"I don't think we need an introduction." came a recognizable voice within the crowd. The others broke away, as Reiner and Bertholdt made their way to the front. Annie looked at them with slight surprise. "You're here too?" she asked quietly, unlike Nyra, who happily jumped up and hugged the two. "Yeah. Not surprised you two are here though." Reiner said, while Nyra pulled away to sit on Annie's desk.

The boy with the honey eyes stepped forwards. "Jean Kirschtein. Why were you two selected?" Jean asked. Nyra looked at him with a slight smirk, the two girls keeping still for a moment. "Hand-to-Hand combat." Annie said simply. She could still feel eyes upon her, and she didn't need to look. She already knew who they belonged too. Nyra, on the other hand, had moved from Annie's desk, to quietly talk with Jean, as Armin, Mikasa, and Eren stood up. "Eren Jaeger." Eren introduced himself. Mikasa looked over the two. "Mikasa Ackerman." she mumbled, though it was quite clear. Soon, it was the boy with the blue eyes. Annie sat up a bit, looking up at the male, who turned his gaze shyly. "Armin Arlert." he said, holding his hand out to Annie. Annie looked down at it, before slowly taking his hand and shaking it.

Nyra just snickered from where she was. Annie turned, glaring at her friend. Nyra covered her mouth, a smirk on her lips as she looked away from Armin and Annie, turning back to the male with the lip piercing, often sending a glance her friends way.

"So, later on, I can show you around, if you'd like." Armin said, as the others group off to talk. Annie's eyes fell to the desk. "Sure." she mumbled quietly. Armin just smiled. "I'm sure you'll like it here. It may seem tough at first, but being around here is fun. The people are odd, and you already know Reiner and Bertholdt!" Armin said happily. Annie looked up at him, still keeping remotely quiet. Armin kept a smile on his face, however, waiting for Annie to say something. Around this time, Nyra stood up. "She'll talk to you later, Armin. Annie isn't very social. She isn't good with these situations." Armin nodded, a smile still on his face. "Oh, of course. Well, I'll talk to you two later!" Armin said cheerily, as he made his way back to Eren and Mikasa.

"Annie. Okay. Don't lie to me. You liked the kid." Nyra smirked. Annie just shook her head. "Shut up..."