Risking Everything.

***Hello everyone, this chapter is going to be set a few weeks after the last chapter. So three weeks from then. I just wanted to inform you because there will be some intense parts, strong language and violence from here on till the end of the book. I am still debating on making a second book but we shall see.***

Riley was intent on keeping Raven safe from Jaxon and his family. Also he was protecting her from the wolf inside of him. She and Jaxon had become closer since the incident three weeks ago. Riley didn't quite understand their relationship.
Raven and Jaxon were hanging out at her house. Her mother was okay with them being there alone. They were often in her room watching movies or playing video games. Something her and Riley used to do all the time. She would ask him if he would like to hang out, even when it was just her but he'd turn her offer down. Raven didn't understand it. But it was because Jaxon's scent was all over her room and her gaze was different when she looked at Riley.
Raven was running her fingers through Jaxon's hair while watching the movie. He was lying down with his head resting on her chest, his arms around her waist loosely. She was stopped when he took one of her hands in his own and he kissed her hand. Jaxon said in almost a purr "I love you."
"I love you more." She looked at him.
Sitting up, he challenged. "Oh yeah?" He pinned her hands above her head and looked into her eyes.
"Yeah." She giggled. She stole a kiss from him and laughed when they began wrestling. Raven laughed wildly as Jaxon began to tickle her sides and neck. She finally straddled his hips and pinned him down. "I gotcha!" She leaned down and kissed him. He chuckled into the kiss. He sat up and she was still straddling his hips, cupping his face in her hands. She kissed his top lip and giggled.
"Ugh, don't be such a tease..." He groaned.
"If you want me, come get me." She pushed him down and got off him and ran. He was chewing his lip. Chasing after her, he had caught her in the corridor. She was spun around and he put his hands on her hips. She smiled and wrapped her arms around him. She felt something hard in the waistline of his jeans. Instantly her face became serious, her whole body tensed as she tore herself away from him.
When he saw it in her hands her mumbled "Oh fuck..."
"Jaxon, you better get to explaining why you are carrying a god damn handgun in your waistline!" She looked at the gun and put it on safety. "And as to why it wasn't on safety!"
"That I forgot to do. Honestly. And I carry a weapon with me at all times because I am constantly in danger. My family is part of something you don't understand." His eyes and tone went cold. "Give me my gun."
"You weren't going to shoot me, were you?" She asked. Raven held the gun behind her back and looked at her boyfriend with calculating eyes. "Tell me." She ordered.
"No! Of course not! What the hell kind of question is that?"
"Well I don't know too many people who carry a pistol in their pants!" She said.
"Raven just give me my gun and relax. Jesus Christ, you make it sound like I am a psycho." He looked at her.
"Fine." She looked at it, she popped the clip out of the gun and took all of the bullets out and she held onto them before popping the clip in the gun. She surrendered the gun back to Jaxon.
"Okay, want to tell me why you took the bullets?"
"Because I did. It's for extra measures." She said, walking to her room. She took a key from her necklace and opened a jewelry box and stored the seven bullets in a secret compartment.
"Okay... How do you know your way around a gun?" He asked. "And why do you think that I would hurt you?"
"Jaxon, when people get defensive over their girlfriend taking their gun... Shit goes south really quick and that's how people die. After how long we have been together, you never told me you carry? And it's an illegal weapon!" She said, turning around.
"Raven, I didn't want to freak you out." He looked at her.
"Well it's not like you just didn't!" She looked into his eyes. He was stuffing the gun in his waistline again. She sort of frowned.
"Raven, trust me. I wouldn't shoot you or anyone you know or care about." He lied right through his teeth. He was after Riley the whole time.
"I believe you..." She said as she relaxed her body.
"Good." He said. "I think I should go home now." He started walking to the staircase.
"Okay." She knew she pissed him off. She followed behind him and before he left she kissed him.
"I'll see you tomorrow morning?" He asked.
"Yes, I will see you tomorrow morning." She looked into his eyes, taking in every detail of his expression. Something was off.
"Okay. I love you." He kissed her again but more gentle.
"I love you too..." She smiled and watched him leave. After he left she felt her heart race. She thought "What the actual fuck just happened?!"
--------------
Nearly two hours after the incident there was a knock on her door. She opened it to see a frantic Riley. "Raven, I know you've got those bullets. Just go get them and don't ask questions." He looked around as if someone was going to harm the both of them.
She didn't even ask until she returned downstairs with all seven of them in her hand. "Is everything okay?"
"No, you need to stay home tonight. Turn off all the lights and don't answer the door. Even if it is Jaxon or I. Do not go anywhere, I mean it Raven." He said in a harsh but defensive tone. He wanted to keep her safe.
"Okay... Are you going to at least explain?"
"Not now. Not ever. Just remember one of us." He said before making an exit. She ran around and locked all the windows and doors while shutting the lights off. Riley was as ready as ever. He was going to fight Jaxon. He hoped Raven did as he asked.
She was in her room, alone. She really didn't want to know what was happening at all. All she knew what that Riley had given her specific directions and she listened.
It was about forty minutes into silence when the front door busted in. She slid under her bed with her phone in her bra. She heard footsteps. She counted four pairs of feet shuffling around and checking all the rooms. "We need to find that girl now! She needs to be alive too! You know what he said!"
"Yeah, yeah. Little Jay is all talk. He won't do anythin'!" The smallest of the four said. Raven didn't pick up the name at all.
There was a smacking noise. A hand to the back of someone's head. "Ouch! Asshole! I was stating the obvious!"
"Well I'm telling you now, shut it the hell up and find her! She was last seen with the mongrel! They want him dead but her alive."
Raven began breathing fast. She pulled her phone out if her bra and muted her phone then dulled it. After she put it back. There were two set of feet in her room... Then one. Something grabbed her foot and dragged. She screeched and fought. "Let me go you son of a bitch!" She thrashed. The guy clapped a hand over her mouth. Wrong move dick head!
"Ah! Little bitch!" He let go as soon as she chomped on the fleshy part of his hand, drawing blood. He punched her in the face and knocked her out cold.