After Party

I gladly accept his offer to dance.  The way he moved with the music made me fall in love with him even more.  I know he has had a lot going on this year, and everything we have been through, yet here we are dancing at prom like this year was the best year we have ever had.  I rest my head on his chest, wondering what we could possibly become or not become.  Would we last through college, or just be another typical high school couple that breaks up at the end of their senior year.  I feel as if that might be Cato and me but I don't want to think about it.  I just want to focus on the here and now.  

After about another two hours of dancing everyone heads back to Katniss's house for the after party.  Once everyone is out of their prom attire we are all sitting around a camp fire and doing the cliche ghost stories.  Katniss is telling one that her  great uncle told her when she was ten, which was apparent because it was not even that scary.  

"Anyone up for capture the flag?"  Peeta asks.  I mean Katniss does have a big enough back yard for it.  

Everyone cheers and we divide up into teams.  

"Katniss and I will be captains."  Peeta states and they go on to start choosing teams.  

I end up on Peeta's team and Cato ends up on Katniss's team.  Besides me Peeta has Joanna, Finick and Foxy. Katniss has Cato, Annie, her sister Prim and Foxy's date, Ron.  

I go hide the flag for our team.  I find a tree in a wooded area and climb it.  I get to about fifteen feet and put it on a branch.  When I climb down and run back to the group everyone is ready to go.  

I find myself running through the dark woods being chased by Annie looking for their flag, I decide I am tired of running so I cross the line back onto my side and take a breather.  I can't sit for too long though because I see Cato running across the line.  I, however, can't keep up with him and decide to let Peeta figure that one out.  I decide I should try to find their flag again.  This time instead of bolting across I sneak.  I walk quietly around their side until I see the flag, hidden under the deck.  I grab the flag and run back to our side as fast as I can.

"Peeta I got their flag!"  I yell and Peeta cheers while everyone on the other team groans in defeat.  After the game we head in the house to watch a movie and play board games.  Which is actually pretty fun.  However, I am super tired and just want to sleep.  I sit on the couch next to Cato and fall asleep on his shoulder.