Chapter 10

Emilys POV

I ran for about a minute or so until I heard rustling above me in the tree's a dark shadow passed quickly over back and forth, I continued running again afraid to stop.

Dawnar wasn't lying he was telling the truth, that they were coming after me. I stumbled catching my balance painfully on my sore leg.

A thump touched the ground and I quickly looked up to see that man with no expression on his face. I screamed, a shrill and piercing sound touching the quiet forest, he took a few steps towards me. Me taking or rather say stumbling a few back,. my heart felt like it was in my throat at this point as he advanced closer and closer to me.

"Get away from me."I cried. He sighed and shook his head.

"Darling your safe with me." He said, my mouth hung open catching a few snow flakes.

"I'm safe with you? After you tried eating me back there."I went to yell at him for this but it only came out as a whisper.

He took another step towards me, I balled my fists in anger. "I'm trying to help you get away, and we need to hurry before that man that kidnapped you in the first place comes back." He said, I shook my head, tears flying with it, only to freeze in the air.

"Fine, I'm afraid I have to do this... Please forgive me."He said a bit regretful.

Forgive him? For what? He reached a hand toward me, I fell backwards trying to get away again, but his arm wrapped securely around my waist.

 I thrashed against him. He slid me to the ground, pinning me easily, and moved a hand in front of my eyes, like one of those hypnotist guys, and I instantly felt my head feel heavy, but I thought to keep awake, not thrashing so much I still tried pulling away from him, fighting the urge to fall asleep.

"This isn't fair, you'll hurt me like him, they all will."I manage to slur at him before my eyes closed after the fight I tried, but only to fail miserably.

But before I was all the way asleep I heard him say.

"I'm sorry, " Then it all went black.

**************************************************************************************************************

 A blinding light awoke me, I stretched myself, maybe everything was a dream, and I'd wake up at home.

I opened my eye's cringing from the light, when they adjusted, I looked around. Nope that was a lie I was still kidnapped. The man from the forest was sitting at the edge of my bed. Looking at me with amusement.

I sat up right away, moving myself till I felt something hard touch my back. Okay what I thought was to be a bed was a seat, in a car. We weren't moving,  but we were surrounded by tree's.

He leaned forward with a serious face. "You need to relax. I promise I won't hurt you." He whispered. I cringed away from him.

"Take me home then."I said already knowing it was a big fail. He shook his head at me. "I can't if I do, your family will be endanger, and I don't think you want them to be."He said quietly.

I sighed with frustration. Why did this have to happen to me? Out of all the people Why did I have to be stalked by a bunch of vampires out for my blood?

"Where's Dawnar?"I asked wondering if he knew who I meant.

Puzzlement crossed his face. "The man who kidnapped you in the first place?"He asked. I nodded.

"Um, he's still stuck to a tree, but not for long."He said with a small chuckle. I felt at ease with this man, he was a vampire but I felt safe.

"What's your name?"I asked. "Brad, and I know your Emily." He said, which kind of shocked me. I went to answer but he beat me to it.