Chapter 20

I didn't dare breathe. I squirmed out of Pats hold on me, and scrambled up the bed.

I shook my head, this can't be happening. This just got worse. Pat turned around, slowly, giving me a small glance before he turned back towards Dawnar.

He was covered in gashes and so much blood. It was a disturbing sight. He was dead, how is he not? How many time's did he have to die? 

I jumped up out of the bed and ran for the balcony. I wasn't sure what I was going to do, but I was starting to think just jumping off would be a idea. Maybe my powers would do something again and save me. 

The doors slammed shut in my face as one of the vampire council was in my face hissing at me in a predator way. I cringed. "Get away from me, let me out. He's going to kill me." I screamed.

He stalked forward, making me press my back into someone. I looked up at Pat, he payed no attention, to me as I was pinned between him and the other vampire that had stopped my attempted runaway, instead his arm wrapped tightly around me.

"What are you doing here?" Pat snapped. Dawnar looked down at me, with a smirk.

"I think you know what I want." He said, taking a step closer to me. Pat put his other arm around me, picking up some of my body weight and turning me to the side so I was slightly behind him, putting more distance between the crazy vampire who only thirsted for my blood. He must really be desperate, if he were here in a mansion full of elder vampire's and guards.

I was shaking. I couldn't let it get to me. But it was impossible.

"Get out of here, you were kicked out of the council after that attack you did on all of us, and you sure lost." Pat said with a grin. Confusion swept over me for a brief moment before understanding dawned on me. Dawnar was once a part of the council.

"I'll leave after you hand me the girl, then you can go back to making your flowery bracelets for every damn vampire out there that follows your stupid orders."

The rest of the vampires were gathered around behind Dawnar ready to attack if necessary. There was such a tense atmosphere it was almost suffocating, every single vampire was on edge, waiting to see what was going to happen next.

"Oh, but dear Patrick, I've gotten so much stronger, thanks to this girl. Now I'll be leaving with the her."  Dawnar gritted his teeth, he reached his hand out for me. This was probably the only time I was glad Pat, or Patrick was holding me, or even close for that matter.

"No, don't let him take me he wants my power. I don't care if the council kills me, but he can't have me." I said, my voice just making it out. Pat tightened his grip on me, making me cringe, but I didn't stop.

"He's dangerous," I pleaded. Dawnar eyed me. "Your not helping child." He said to me with that cruel smirk of his.

Patrick chose to speak. "She is under the safety of the council. You must leave right away or you will be punished." He said in the hardest tone, filled with venom and every acid in the world. I flinched from the under lying promise in.

"If you don't give her to me, then I'll cause so much havoc, that I will kill every member of the council with ease." Dawnar threatened.

Patrick shared a look with Brad, Brad nodded then walked over to me. He picked me up by the waist, I barely minded though, as I was stuck staring into Dawnars eyes like I was glued. He watched me with dark eye's as I was carried out of the room.

"You've really brought it upon yourself now, Emily." Brad said. Realization came to me and I started kicking.

"Please put me down. I'm not safe here. Dawnar will get me, and if not, Patrick will." I cried, into his shoulder as I continued kicking and punching.