Chapter 7

She stared at her bank account book and sighed. "What am I going to do.." she murmured while banging the side of her head against the wall lightly. The deadline was getting nearer but all she had was less than $10,000.

"Kwang Soo-yah, what should I do?" she gave him a call and said.

"Noona, what are you talking about?" Kwang Soo confusingly replied.

"Where are you right now?"

"Home. Why?" Kwang Soo replied without knowing exactly what was going on.

"Arasseo. Noona will go and find you."

"What? Why do you want to-" Seong Im hung up the call before Kwang Soo could finish his sentence.

She took a bus to Kwang Soo's house that was just a few stops away from where she was at.

She rang the door bell and as soon as Kwang Soo opened the door, she went straight to his couch and sat down.

"Noona, at least take off your shoes before coming in. I just mopped the floor. " Kwang Soo informed.

"Do you have soju?" her question stunned Kwang Soo.

"It's still early. Why do you want to drink soju at this hour?" he asked her. Dumbfounded.

"Why are you so naggy today?" Seong Im decided to get it by herself. She was happy to find one last bottle in the fridge. She popped it opened and drank it straight from the bottle.

"That's because you came here, uninvited." he helplessly said while watching her sit back on the couch.

She looked at Kwang Soo and said, "uri Kwang Soo won't reject his noona."

"Uri?" Kwang Soo can't believed what he was hearing. Especially since it came from Seong Im's mouth. "So why did you came here?" he sat opposite her and asked.

Seong Im explained to him, pausing frequently to drink her soju. Kwang Soo wished that he could help her with the debt but he was in no position to do so. He wasn't rich. If he was rich, he wouldn't be stuck working at a cafe.

Silence hung in the air as Seong Im continued to drink. Within a few minutes, she already drank half of the bottle. "Noona, you mentioned before that your aunt is the boss of a certain trading company. Why didn't you look for her? I'm sure she will lend you the money."

She shook her head and sighed deeply. "She hated my dad to his guts. Do you still think that she will lend me the money?"

"My dad.. He bring nothing but trouble." Seong Im continued.

Kwang Soo got up from the couch and went towards Seong Im. He attempted to give her a hug. She pushed him away by his shoulders.

"Yah! Are you crazy? What are you trying to do?" She shouted. Her eyes were staring at him.

"Just.. Just trying to comfort you." Kwang Soo stammered.

Downing the remaining soju, she stood up and took her bag.

"Where are you going?" Kwang Soo asked.

"Work."

"But the cafe isn't open today." he replied.

"Do you think I only have one job? I'm leaving. Thanks for the soju." Seong Im placed the empty soju bottle on the table and walked out of his apartment.