Chapter 5

After resting at home for a day, Seong Im headed back to work. She couldn't afford to waste her time staying at home just because of her injury. A day of not working would mean a loss of income.

She limped her way to work, stopping frequently due to the pain in her ankle. By the time she reached the café, she was already fifteen minutes late and unfortunately, the boss happened to be in the café. He lashed out at her the moment she stepped inside. She knew that he wouldn't listen to her even if she explain to him. Seong Im just bowed and apologized, lifting her head only after he walked out.

She kept her belongings in her locker and put on her apron and cap. She got a shocked seeing Kwang Soo standing next to her after closing her locker. "Why didn't you inform Jae Suk hyung that you're injured?" Kwang Soo asked while glancing at her bandaged ankle.

"What for? We all know how unreasonable he can be." she replied. She handed him a carton of canned coffee before walking to the counter.

"But noona, you should be staying at home to rest. How are you going to work like this?" Kwang Soo followed her to the counter and asked.

"I won't get paid if I stay at home. Just leave me alone. I can handle it." Seong Im replied and shifted her attention to the customer that was looking through the menu.

As she served the cup of latte to the customer, she thought she saw Hee Gun standing outside the cafe, behind a pillar, looking at her. She shifted her head slightly to the side to take a quick look but there wasn't anyone there. "I must be too tired." she mumbled while shaking her head.

"Seong Im unnie, I just remembered! Yoo-nim wants you to do stock-taking." Eun Ri, one of the part timer, informed her.

"Arasseo." She replied and told Eun Ri to take over the counter while she headed to the storeroom which was located at back of the cafe. Boxes containing bags of different coffee beans were stacked together on the racks. It was difficult for her to check the amount of bags in the boxes since most of them were placed high up on the shelves and she wasn't able to tip toe or climb onto the chair given her sprained ankle.

She tried to bend the edge of the box slightly to catch a glimpse of the content inside. In the midst of it, she pulled it down with too much strength causing the boxes beside it that weren't placed properly on the shelves to topple down. She felt herself being pulled and the next thing she knew, she found herself securely protected in someone's embrace while the boxes came crashing down.

Kwang Soo and the other staff rushed in upon hearing the loud thuds. Kwang Soo stood frozen at the entrance while looking at the mess on the floor before focusing his eyes on the stranger who was using his body as a shield to protect Seong Im.

"Mister, who are you? You're not allowed to be in here." he hesitatingly went forward and asked.

Seong Im found herself looking into his eyes as he supported her back to the standing position. "I was just passing by." he turned around and replied.

"Even so, this place is only for staff. I'm sorry but you have to leave. " Kwang Soo instructed. The man turned to look at Seong Im, checking that if she was fine before swiftly leaving the storeroom.

"Unnie, gwaenchanha?" Eun Ri went over to Seong Im to check if she was hurt. "Gwaenchanha.." she uttered while still staring at the door.

"Again..?" she thought to herself.