Chapter 12

Ever since Jong Kook found out that Hee Gun likes Seong Im, he was no longer in charge of sending her to the secret cabin. Dong Hoon took over his job.

As night falls, the car appeared outside the cafe again. Seong Im automatically took off her apron and cap. "Noona, since when did you get yourself a boyfriend?" Kwang Soo asked, gesturing towards the car parked beside the sidewalk. He had been observing for quite awhile and it was almost every day, at this hour that the car would appear.

"He's not my boyfriend. And I don't have a boyfriend." she emphasized and took her bag. "Remember to switch off the air-con and locked the place." she continued and threw him the bunch of keys. Thank god for his quick reflexes.

Seong Im opened the car door and was surprised to see Dong Hoon instead of Hee Gun in the driver's seat. "Why are you standing there like a wooden block? Get in." he instructed.

"Where's that poker face guy?" Seong Im asked as she sat in the passenger seat.

"We switched jobs. He's in charge of protecting our boss." he replied.

"Why all of a sudden..?" she curiously asked.

"Ahjumma! Don't you think that you are asking too many questions?" he snapped and glared at her.

Seong Im apologized softly. She turned to look outside the window and cursed under her breathe. She didn't like his attitude or maybe, it was just that she was used to being around with Hee Gun. The man that appeared aloof but was actually a gentle and caring person.

"Your attire for tonight." he handed her an off-shoulder red mini dress. "There's a washroom at the first floor." he brought her inside and led her to the toilet.

She frowned as she entered the toilet.
Why did I have to change in the car the other time, she thought. She wore her long coat over her dress and came out of the toilet. Having been at the cabin every night for the past two weeks, she knew clearly where she needed to go.

Once she entered the room, she removed her long coat and placed it on the back of the chair. Suk Jin pulled her by the arm and push her onto the bed. "Let's finish what we couldn't finish that day." he traced his fingers down her jawline and touched her lips.

"Shouldn't we have a drink or something before that?" she was taken aback by his sudden action.

"We can always drink after this." he smiled and held her arms down above her head. He kissed every part of her - her face, her neck, her body. She laid on the bed pleading for him to stop. Tears flowed out from the corner of her eyes. He ignored her pleas and ripped the side of the dress and pulled down her panties. He was only focused on satisfying his own pleasure. After he was done with her, he put on his trousers and took out his wallet. "Because you did well today and I had fun, I'll deduct $1000 from your debt. You can keep this," he threw two $50 notes on the bed and said to her.

"Thank you.." she uttered without looking at him. She wasn't even sure what she was thanking him for. Suk Jin opened the door and was immediately greeted by his men. "Hee Gun, get her dressed and send her back. Dong Hoon, follow me." he ordered them and lit up a cigarette.

"Algesumnida," both of them replied.

As Dong Hoon and his boss made their way down, Hee Gun pushed the door wider and saw her sitting on the bed with her knees bent, and tightly gripping on to the blanket that was wrapped around her. She was in a total mess. "You're allowed to leave." he informed her.

He could see where her dress had been ripped as she slowly got off the bed and walked to the chair to get her coat. She put it on and buttoned it up all the way to the collar. Seong Im stepped out of the dimly lit room into the brightly lit hallway. It became clearer to him with what exactly happened inside. Her smudged make up and slightly puffy eyes. He couldn't imagine the amount of fear she had. She followed behind him as they headed to the car.

Her hands were gripping the seatbelt tightly. She was staring straight ahead as if in a daze. Hee Gun didn't know what to do. He glanced at her occasionally as he drove. When they arrived at her place, he reached out and grabbed her hand as she unbuckled her seatbelt. Seong Im jerked her hand backwards and looked at him.

"I'm..I'm sorry if I scared you. I just wanted to ask if you're okay." he explained. Without saying a word, she hurriedly alighted from the car and ran into her house.

She went straight into the bathroom and switched on the shower. Stripping down to her naked body, she lathered her body with some soap, washing the foam away and then squeezing more soap into her hand and continued to scrub her body. Thrice. That was how many times she repeated it.

She sat down at the corner of the shower area with her arms wrapped around her bent knees. The sound of the water pelting down from the shower head muffled her sobs. Her skin was dry by the time she came out of the bathroom. She dressed herself in a pullover and sweatpants and climbed into her bed. She tucked herself under the blanket and curled up in a fetal position. She never felt so insecure before.