Chapter 3

Peeta's POV:

I begin to wake up from the haze of my flashback but somehow I feel really guilty for some unknown reason. I noticed the kitchen window has been smashed and as I peer out of the window Katniss' window was broken too.

My eyes then focus on a body, not just any body. Katniss' lifeless body slumed up against the wall connected to her hallway with a pool of bright red blood surrounding her. I first instinct is to run to her and somehow save her crippling life. That is if she isn't dead already. A million thoughts are going through my head as I race to her house like, Is she alright, Will she live, What will I do if she doesn't live and most of all, Am I the one who did this.

Oh my I am a monster, I think as I reach her house I take great notice on the doorway because there appears to be no door there but none of that matters because all I care about is Katniss and I can't lose her now cause if I did I would kill myself. I approach Katniss she is lying limp barely breathing, wait she's breathing.

I immediately run to her side only to hear the faint intakes of air into Katniss' body. I pick her up and out of the pool of her own blood that seems to be coming from her head and race with her in my arms as fast as I can to the only place that I think might help her. The place is Haymitch's house, not really more like mansion as all of ours are.

I reach Hamitch's house and basically break down the door and scream, "HAYMITCH,"

"What's up kid I thought you would be baking that sweet bre- Oh my gosh what happened?"

I reply hesitantly " I don't know what happened but there was glass shattered everywhere even in my house I think I had an attack. Please she's dying can you help her."

Without a word Haymitch gets to work reviving Katniss. He asks me for multiple supplies such as towels, ice, water and vodka. I was about to yell at him for wanting vodka in a terrible crisis like this but before I could react he told me it sterilizes the wounds and makes them heal quicker so within a heartbeat I came back into the room with the vodka.

Katniss isn't waking up as quick as we want her to so I've decided that I won't risk her life so I will call Doctor Demaine that is until I hear a small groan but I think it was my mind playing tricks on me because I'm in a stressful situation. I then hear it again barely audible. I'm sitting next to Katniss so a lean my body a bit closer and take her hand in mine.

I wait a couple seconds until she squeezes my hand and begins to mumble in her sleep but I only caught a tiny snippet of the mumble and I'm astonished because what she said blew me away, "I love you Peeta, Never let go."

I reply with what I could, "Always."

Within a split second she squeezed my hand again even harder than before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~