Chapter 6

Credit to: @Say_Hello_to_Zayn for the pretty cover!

Peeta's POV:

I hear Katniss screaming in the room and I run like there's no tomorrow. I hear faint whimpers of patients as I pass neighboring rooms but the only voice I can hear clearly is Katniss. The doctors are trying to ask her what the problem is but she keeps screaming frantically just as I'm about to walk in Katniss is not conscious on her hospital bed.

I am at her side in a split second, a wave of guilt penetrating every single joint in my aching body. The guilt turns into anger. Anger of the doctors and I'm a fuming with it.

"What Happened to her?" I ask with a bit more venom laced in my voice than I intended.

"Didn't you hear her screaming she was......" One of the doctors say nervously.

"I heard her screaming alright so what did you so called doctors do to her?"

A different doctor tries to step up and tell me what happend, great. Like I need more of their bullshit.

"Mr Peeta Mellark we won't have yelling in this wing of the hospital so if you want to know what happend with Katniss I suggest you calm down." Wow that felt like slap in the face.

"Aright," I say admitting defeat.

The same doctor decides to say what happened to Katniss knowing that I will not flare up with her speaking.

"Miss Katniss Everdeen had a fright that's all. When the doctor went to check on her she said that when she held up a torch to her eyes something must of clicked." She pauses taking a deep breath.

"Miss Everdeen started shaking uncontrollably and screaming all sorts of random things such as 'I'm not a mutt' and 'I didn't kill you're family.' Katniss' doctor here, Doctor Sileema injected her with a calming serum which is formed with natural plants to calm her down and knock her out."

"Ok but why do you think she was screaming hysterically then?" I ask curiously.

"Well our team of doctors here in this room have come up with the clearest conclusion that she may of regained he memory of that day and was well wound up about it that she had a major panic attack."

Before I speak the doctor cuts me off.

"It's normal in most patients to have panic attacks after they've regained their memory of the cause for them having brain damage."

"Are you saying that she will have more attacks like these in future?"

I am extremely worried I can't go on witnessing Katniss being in pain again. Especially since I basically abandoned her when we came back from 13 and she was in a deep and long depression. Somehow she still managed not to fall into her mothers footsteps and be a shell of a person even though she skimmed dangerously close to it. I am plucked out of my thoughts as doctor Sileema starts to answer my question.

"Peeta she might have continuous panic attacks but right now we have no idea since it's the first time we've witnessed it from her. I'm not saying that she's going to have them regularly because we just don't know at the moment. Perhaps she was also stressed out from waking up from a coma that she found to be in for a month,"

"Ok."

Somehow this seems to put me at ease. After a while of meaningless chit chat the doctors leave the room. I look actually more like stare at Katniss' Goddess like features, taking in every inch of sheer beauty that radiates of her face like her soft pink cheeks. With me staring I notice a small smile on her lips. I have never seen her smile like this before it seems genuine and I wonder of what she was dreaming about obviously not a nightmare that's for sure.

The realization hits me this is the first time since were back from thirteen that seen hasn't had a nightmare except her being in a coma and all. Something brilliant comes to mind and I run as quickly as my prosthetic will take me to the child day care facility on the other side of the hospital.

As I walk into the child day care I take note on how this environment is the perfect place for kids. Like the colorful walls, miniature indoor play ground, cubby houses that are suited to their size and the arts and crafts table which was the section I was looking for.
I am still in the doorway admiring the children playing around that I didn't even notice a caretaker beside.

"Hello" She says in a bubbly tone that reminds me so much of Effie Trinket.

"Hi" I reply

"Do you have a kid to pick up? Or drop off?"

"No" she seems to think I'm strange then again I'm a man who is in a child day care centre watching the kids. Before she can respond I quickly say what I came here to do.

"Sorry if I may have creeped you out but I came here to borrow some colored pencils and paper if you don't mind."

"You look familiar, Do I know you?" She questions

"I don't think you do. So can I borrow what I came here for?"

"I'm sorry but the pencils are of this daycares property and we are and the public are advised not to take them." She replies smoothly.

"Please I'll give them back," I beg.

"I'm sorry I can't." She says dryly,

"And after all I do for this country not even a day care caregiver can give me colored pencils. That's ridiculous!"

"What exactly did you do for this country?" She questions.

"I was in the war that has given Panem freedom."

"And? I was in the war too and almost died." She sounded very up herself

"I did die and that's not it. I lost my leg and ...... and..... and." I'm not sure wether I want to say I was in the Hunger Games.

"What did you run out of options. Everyone had it bad your just like everyone else so I suggest yo......"

"I was in the 74th and 75th Hunger Games with the love of my life Katniss Everdeen and if I play my cards right I'm hoping Mellark." I cut her off.

"What! Oh my goodness. You look so different and I'm so sorry. Take whatever you want, that's why I thought you were familiar!"

"Thank you so much I will bring them back as soon as I'm done."

I leave and start walking towards Katniss' room but when I get there she still has the smile one her face. So I begin the thing that brings me even more happiness I draw her with that same smile on her face because I want to freeze this moment and live in it forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~