Chapter 6

Damn. Why did I usually have bad luck? I’m going to have to warn the gang. We’re not backing down without a fight. The more powerful our gang becomes the more enemies we make. So it has its ups and its downs. I went to my next class still in a bad mood. The teacher droned on and on. I’m clearly not in the mood for this shit. It was slow torture until lunch. I put my stuff away making sure I hid the drawing of Natasha in my notebook. I went to go and eat and I hung out with George and Samuel. When we sat at a table, people stared in my direction. My bruise is probably showing and they all might know about the fight.

“Dude is it true that you got in a fight with Alonzo?” Samuel asked.

“Yeah and I beat his ass”, I said smug.

“That’s cool. No one has beat Alonzo before. You just became a legend”, George said.

“It wasn’t that hard. I’ve been in fights before. I have also trained”, I said.

I had to learn how to fight great. Being in a gang has many dangers so you have to know how to defend yourself. They didn’t ask me anymore questions. I saw Natasha with her friends on a nearby table. It’s as if she knew I am watching her because she turned around and looked at me. She waved and I waved back. She turned back to her friends. I looked at George and Samuel and they were staring at me with a knowing smile.

“What? Why are you guys staring at me like that?” I said.

“You like her don’t you?” George said.

“Like who?” I said playing the clueless card.

“Te gusta. You like Natasha”, George said stating it.

“She’s nice and pretty. Go for it. Ask her out man”, Samuel said.

“What? No. Anyways she thinks of me as a friend”, I said.

“Dude it looks like she likes you more than a friend”, Samuel said.

“I don’t know. I want to take things slowly”, I said.

“Girls like her don’t stay single forever. Don’t come to me when she finds someone just because you wouldn’t take a risk”, George said.

“I might ask her but it’s too early. I’ve known her for a little bit of time”, I said.

“If you say so”, Samuel said.

“Yes I say so”, I said.

We continued eating as if we didn’t have that discussion. When we finished we walked back to our classes. I had doubts during the whole day. I kept debating if I should ask her out. Nah. I’m not ready for that. After school I met up with George and Sam. We talked for a while. We stood against the walls of the school. A lot of people are still outside after school.