4

Shawn

Is it possible to love my best friend even more than I already do? Yes. How'd I go four years without talking to her? I mean, she's got tattoos and piercings for goodness sake. What's worse is I didn't even recognize her.

Why'd she even forgive me so easily? I didn't pay her no mind not even think about her when I left. I gave her no recognition when me and the boys became famous. I never told anyone about her.

She helped me become who I am. She supported me through everything. Anytime I got hate, she was there to show me love. She never had to do anything for me. She chose to. She's an amazing friend and I missed out on so much when I was gone.

How do I show her I'm sorry...?

"Bye guys! Remember, if any of you screw my little sister over, I will permanently damage you," Houston said as he left.

"Bye bubby!!!" Blake said with a cheerful smile and waved at him. Alexius was smiling brightly. Just like Blake. I've always called Keaton by her middle name.

After we heard his car pull out of the driveway, Keaton smiled her famous devious smile that always got us into trouble.

"What are you planning, Blake?" I asked.

"Remember the last day you were here and how we spent it?" She asked.

Oh dear lord.

"Yes?" I answered nervously.

"I got a can of spray paint in my closet. Samantha will be here in less than twenty minutes..." She trailed off with a mischievous look in her eyes. The excitement was obvious in her voice.

"Tempting. But no," I said.

"Awe! C'mon Shawn! We gotta show these boys your evil side!" She plead.

"Evil side?" The guys asked and looked at me.

Oh dear god please help me. This girl is going to be the death of me.

"That was a one time thing!" I argued.

"You didn't talk or acknowledge me for four years," she stated bluntly.

"No fair! You can't use that against me! It's not fair!" I defended.

What the hell? When'd she decide to use this against me? She's never been like that.

"Life's not fair," she shrugged. "Besides, having fun is the least you can do for me. I mean, don't you remember the adrenaline rush we got? How happy we were? All the laughing we did. I just want to go back to that. I haven't been able to do anything risky since you left, leaving me bored, and having to get a job to keep myself busy after realizing you've done forgot about me."

Her voice was more on the soft side. "Sorry for asking. Didn't realize how fame changes you. Forgot time changes people and were totally different from the people we used to be."

What she said broke my heart. "Keaton, I'm still the same Shawn Peter Raul Mendes that you've always known. Fame hasn't changed me."

"You're not the same Shawn. You're not the best friend I loved so much. You broke your promise and forgot me. I bet these boys haven't heard you say one word about me. Only the Jack's did. Wanna know why? Cause at least Sammy let me meet his friends and didn't forget me while he was on tour. Just go home so I can babysit and then sit alone watching my Teen Wolf. Like I always do," she sniffled.

Johnson and Gilinsky know her? They've met her? For how long?

Stress is really taking a toll on her.

"Oh Keaton," I whispered and wrapped her in a hug. "I'm so sorry."

Alexius stayed still in her arms until Keaton stretched her out into Gilinsky's direction. He took her and cradled her gently. Keaton just rested her head against my chest and kept her eyes closed as she steadied her breathing.

I swallowed my nervousness and grabbed her guitar. I brought it around her and started strumming.

"I promise that one day I'll be around
I'll keep you safe
I'll keep you sound

Right now it's pretty crazy
And I don't know how to stop or slow it down

Hey
I know there are some things we need to talk about

And I can't stay
Just let me hold you for a little longer now

Take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart
You'll never be alone [2x]

When you miss me close your eyes
I may be far but never gone

When you fall asleep tonight just remember that we lay under the same stars

And hey
I know there are some things we need to talk about

And I can't stay
Just let me hold you for a little longer now

And take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart
You'll never be alone [6x]

And take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart
Never be alone.
You'll never be alone."

Her breathing was more calm and she looked up at me with watery eyes.