10

Shawn

  Part of me wants to really talk to Blake. Another part wants to leave her be. But if I do the latter, she'll still be holding it in. She said she really needs someone to talk to.

  I watched as Nash walked away when Blake chased Cam. She can't help but chase people when they dunk her with a bucket of water.

  Cam and her talked for a few minutes when Aaron walked over and she poked him. He squirmed like a worm and she giggled.

"Poking people her thing?" Carter asked.

"Any chance she gets," I answered.

  People change, yes. But some things stay the same.

"Why?" Hayes asked curiously.

"It means you're a friend to her, or she enjoys your company. Sometimes it's just to poke you and get a reaction," I answered.

"So are we all stayin' with her or we goin' to your house?" Johnson asked.

"It's up to y'all. If you wanna stay with her, it's up to her. I don't care what y'all choose," I answered.

  Please say her house. 🙏🙏🙏

"If her mom doesn't come home, we'll stay with her to keep her company. If she does, I guess we'll go to your house," Matt said to me.

"It's settled then. All we gotta do is see if her mom's coming home," Gilinsky said.

  These boys really like her. I regret not telling them about her. I'm glad I'm back. When I saw her, her eyes held no life. Now, when I look at her, she looks so happy and alive.

"Thank you, guys," I said to all of them.

"For what?" Taylor asked.

"For bringing Blake back to life. Seeing her so happy after four years of not seeing her at all, it- It makes me beyond grateful," I explained with heartfelt joy.

"Aren't you a big lug?" Carter asked jokingly.

"For people I have known forever, one hundred and ten percent," I answered.

"Love, boys," Matt said proudly.

  Nash walked towards us and looks at Cam and then down. What the?

"Hey Shawn? Where's Keaton's favorite place to eat?" Taylor asked.

  What the hell?

"Last I remember, it was and probably still is, De-"

"HOLY SHIT!!!"

  We all looked up to see Blake clutching her foot and Cameron inspecting it. I ran over and saw a tin lid stuck in her heel. Aaron pried her hands away from her foot and she full on death gripped his hands as Cam pulled it out.

"How did this happen?" I asked worridly.

"Someone left it buried and Keat started burying her feet in the damp soil to cool them off when that lid cut her," Cam explained and held it in front of me.

  I'm going to get sick. Blake's blood is on that and he's holding it up like it's nothing.

  Aaron's face held so much pain and relief when Blake let him go.

"Sorry Aaron," she whimpered.

  Cam grabbed a clean and folded towel, and wrapped her foot in it. Then he lifted her bridal style.

"Shawn, drive us to the hospital," he said.

  He carried her to her truck and got in the passenger seat. She sat in his lap with her head on his chest, passed out cold. She can't handle seeing so much blood. Even if it's her own.