Chapter 5

There's a Death Eater meeting tomorrow at my home. I still don't think Severus Snape is on our side. The Dark Lord is searching for the Elder Wand- one of the Deathly Hallows. He believes Snape is that master of it. I'm sure Snape'll be dead soon.

***

I wake up in my room early in the morning. My room has walls painted with Slytherin colors. It has its own bathroom that comes with it. The bath curtains are dark green, and the sink faucet is made of gold. I'd prefer a silver faucet since it's a duller color, but they say gold is more valuable or whatever. I get out of my kingsized bed, pushed the silk blankets aside, and walked into the bathroom taking a quick shower. I put on my navy blue dress, some black heels, and my Slytherin robes. Winky comes in my room.

"Winky, fix my blankets, and food can go on my desk," I ordered. The house elf bowed and did her job happily. I drank the butterbeer, and ate the slice of crispy bacon and scrambled egg. I had requested a very small breakfast only because of the meeting. I brushed my teeth quickly and apparated down the stairs. Without apparation, walking down the stairs could be difficult with heels on. I don't know how Muggles manage to do that.

"You look beautiful, Sapphire," Mother said beaming.

"Thank you, Mother. So do you, as always," I replied. She and I were the only ones there, waiting for the Dark Lord, since we both insisted on early attendance. The Dark Lord arrived minutes later along with Aunt Cissy, Uncle Lucius, who broke out of Azkaban along with many others, and my cousin, Draco.

The Dark Lord sat at the head of the table. He ordered me to sit in the middle where the rest of my family also sat. Many others came seconds later. We started the meeting without Snape and Yaxley, until 10 minutes later, they finally came.

"Severus, here," said the Dark Lord,"Yaxley-beside Dolohov." He had pale skin, gleaming red eyes, and a high, clear voice.

"My Lord, the Order of the Phoenix intends to move Harry Potter from his current place of safety on Saturday next, at nightfall," Snape informs. They talk some more, which is disappointing to me, because he shouldn't be late. The Dark Lord wanted to borrow one of our wands, but no one offered it to him. So, of course he picks on my terrified Uncle Lucius. Lucius no longer has a wand.

"What is it about my presence in your home that displeases you, Lucius?" the Dark Lord wondered.

"Nothing-nothing, my Lord," Uncle Lucius said.

"Such lies, Lucius..." the Dark Lord said. Nagini climbed on his shoulders. "Why do the Malfoys look so unhappy with their lot? Is it my return, my rise to power, not the very thing they professed to desire for so many years?"

"Of course, my Lord," Uncle Lucius said with his hand shaking,"We desire it- we do." Aunt Cissy nodded. Draco glanced at the Dark Lord and quickly looked away.

"My Lord, it's a honor to have you here, in our family's house. There can be no higher pleasure," Mother said.

I nodded in agreement,"We are glad to have you here. We are only unhappy, because the Potter boy is not dead yet, my Lord."

"No higher pleasure.... even compared with the happy event that, I hear, has taken place in your family this week?" the Dark Lord said ignoring me.

Nymphadora and Lupin's wedding, I realized. Mother was obviously confused.

"I'm talking about your niece, Bellatrix. And yours, Lucius and Narcissa. She has just married the werewolf, Remus Lupin. You must be so proud."

Laughter erupted. "My Lord, I will speak for my elders. Andromeda Tonks is not considered in our family. Neither is her daughter. The brat doesn't have a thing to do with us," I laughed.

"What do you say, Draco? Will you babysit the cubs?" the Dark Lord teased.

"Stop! That's enough, Voldemort. Stop right now. This is not a funny matter!" I snarled. I didn't hesitate. The Death Eaters gasped and immediately stopped laughing. Snape looked my way in disapproval.

"Do you recognize our guest, Severus?" the Dark Lord asked. He still ignored me as if I wasn't there. Snape looked at the prisoner and nodded.

"And you, Draco, Sapphire?"

Draco shook his head. "Of course, Voldemort. Professor Burbage taught Muggle Studies. I, of course, only took it so I could understand how Potter lived with his aunt and uncle. She said we're not so different, but I wouldn't know, right? I was raised in the Malfoy family,"
I said, still furious at the Dark Lord.

"Avada Kedavra." Professor Burbage fell, her body wasn't ready to be eaten. Everybody left except me on the Dark Lord's orders. Draco looked terribly worried for me. I wanted to tell him everything was going to be fine, but he needed to leave the room.

"Sapphire, that was really rude to speak to your father like that. Next time, ask nicer," the Dark Lord said scolding me.

I rolled my eyes. "Seriously? You're my father?"

"Of course, why else could you listen to snakes and speak Parseltongue? Block spells with your arm? I care. I do."

-------------------