Chapter 11

"I thought he would come," Father said."I expected him to come." No one spoke. Good. My own father killing Harry? I don't like that idea.

"I was, it seems, mistaken," Father said.

"You weren't." I gasped a very loud gasp making Mother glare at me in disappointment, even though many other gasped, and some even laughed.

Hagrid, who was tied to a tree nearby, shouted,"HARRY! NO!" And then, "NO! NO! HARRY, WHAT'RE YEH-?"

"QUIET!" shouted Rowle. With a flick of his wand, Hagrid was silenced. They stared at each other- Father and Harry Potter.

"Avada Kedavra!" The green light flashed, Potter was probably dead. Father fell as well, making Mother so concerned about him. Tears were falling down my face. They were for Father. No- not only for Father; they were mainly for Saint Potter, the one Draco hated for all those years, I realised. He has horcruxes, he's absolutely fine, I thought.

"My Lord, let me-" Mother started.

"I do not require assistance," Father said coldly."The boy...Is he dead?"

"You," said Father pointing at Aunt Narcissa."Examine him. Tell me wether he's dead."

Cissy felt Harry's heart. "Is Draco alive? Is he in the castle?"

"Yes," Harry breathed. For someone with normal ears, you wouldn't hear them. Their voices were barely audible.

"He is dead!" Cissy called. She looked at me and shook her head. That was it. Confirmation that Harry Potter is not dead. Death Eaters shouted and yelled. Red and silver lights sparked in celebration.

"You see?"Father screeched. "Harry Potter is dead by my hand, and no man alive can threaten me now. Watch! Crucio!" Potter's body was thrown. His glasses even flew off. Many laughed. "Now," said Father,"we go to the castle, and show them what has become of their hero. Who shall drag the body? No-Wait-"

They freed Hagrid."You carry him," Father said."He will be nice and visible and your arms, will he not? Pick up your little friend, Hagrid. And the glasses- he must be recognisable-"

"Happy now, are yeh, that yeh didn't fight, yeh cowardly bunch o' nags? Are yeh happy Harry Potter's d-dead...?" We stopped at the Hogwarts grounds.

"Harry Potter is dead. He was killed as he ran away, trying to save himself while you lay down  your lives for him. We bring you his body as proof that your hero is gone."

"The battle is won. You have lost half your fighters. My Death Eaters outnumber you, and The Boy Who Lived is finished. There must be no war. Anyone who continues to resist, man, woman, or child, will be slaughtered, as will every member of their family. Come out of the castle now, kneel before me, and you shall be your parents and children, your brothers and sisters will live and be forgiven, and you will join me in the new world we shall build together."

"NO!" McGonagall screamed.

"No!"

"No!"

"Harry! HARRY!"

Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, and Ginny Weasley all screamed. The survivors also screamed and yelled. "SILENCE!" cried Father."It is over! Set him down, Hagrid, at my feet, where he belongs!"

"You see? Harry Potter is dead! Do you understand now, deluded ones? He was nothing, ever, but a boy who relied on others to sacrifice themselves for him!"

"He beat you!" yelled Weasley. The Silencing Charm broke. Shouting and screaming continued.

"He was killed while he was trying to sneak out the of the castle grounds," said Father,"killed while trying to save himself-" There was a scuffle and a shout. Neville- Neville Longbottom stepped apart from the crowd. Father disarmed him and laughed.

"And who is this?" he said."Who has volunteered to demonstrate what happens to those who continue to fight when the battle is lost?" Mother gave a delighted laugh.

"It is Neville Longbottom, my Lord! The boy who has been giving the Carrows so much trouble! The son of the Aurors, remember?"

"Ah, yes, I remember," Father said looking at the boy. "But you are a pureblood, aren't you, my brave boy?" Father asked.

"So what if I am?"

"You show spirit and bravery, and you come of noble stock. You remind me of my daughter over there..." Father said pointing to me. There were many gasps."You will make a very valuable Death Eater. We need your kind, Neville Longbottom."

"I'll join you when hell freezes over," said Longbottom."Dumbledore's Army!" he shouted. There was a cheer from the crowd.

"Very well," said Father."If that is your choice, Longbottom, we revert to the original plan. On your head, be it." Father waved his wand. A bird came from the castle with the Sorting Hat. "There will be no more Houses. The emblem, shield, and colours of my noble ancestor, Salazar Slytherin, will suffice for everyone. Won't they, Neville Longbottom?" Father forced the hat on Longbottom's head and said,"Neville here is now going to demonstrate what happens to anyone foolish enough to continue to opose me." He caused the hat to burst into flames.

Hundreds of people swarmed over the walls and pelted toward the castle shouting war cries while Grawp, Hagrid's half-brother yelled,"HAGGER!"

Neville broke free of the Body-Bind Curse on him. The Sorting Hat fell off. He drew a sword with a handle of rubies- Godric Griffindor's sword. I could not even hear it over the clashing giants, centaurs, and the oncoming crowd. Longbottom sliced Nagini's head off and it was over. Father had no more Horcruxes.

"HARRY! HARRY- WHERE'S HARRY?" Hagrid shouted over the screams and roars and stamps of giants. The house elves of Hogwarts were in the entrance hall. Did that mean Kreacher was fighting against my father?

------------
tysm for 190 views. and lots of votes!