Chapter 9

Swish! A barn owl that I recognized as my friend, Brittney's flew into my room and dropped a howler. I widened my eyes. I had been in my bedroom, not coming out, even for meals. I didn't even bother to greet Brittney. I quickly ran to my bathroom, not wanting my books that are on my desk destroyed. I slowly opened the Howler.

"SAPPHIRE MALFOY, HOW DARE YOU NOT VISIT ME? I AM WORRIED ABOUT OUR DELICATE FRIENDSHIP. IT IS SLOWLY FALLING APART AS YOU STAY IN YOUR ROOM. IS IT BECAUSE YOU ARE OUR MASTER'S DAUGHTER AND DON'T WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH ANYONE SO LOWLY RANKED? THINK IT OVER, MALFOY. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE RELATED TO MY PRECIOUS DRACO."

The Howler blew apart, leaving ashes on the bathroom floor. I grabbed a quill, a jar of ink and some fresh parchment and began to write.

Brittney,

Don't be silly. How do you know if I'm actually related to Draco? My father's orders come first. Not too fast, Draco isn't yours.

Sapphire Malfoy.

I gave my letter to my owl, Cassiopeia since Brittney's owl already flew away. She fluttered away happily towards Brittney's room. "Miss Malfoy!" a tiny, high-pitched voice squeaked.

"What is it, Winky?"

"The guest has told Winky she wants to speak with you immediately!"

"Take me to her."

Winky bowed and took my arm, leading to Brittney's room. It was located next to my day room which was beside my bedroom. It made no sense for her to own me a letter since she was literally two doors away. I knocked on the door three times.

"Come in!" I came into my friend's room. It was filled with purple, a very lavender purple. There were purple curtains, sheet, and drawers. Even the mirror frame was purple. Brittney was sitting at the desk in the room. Her blonde hair was untidy and in every direction. She looked angry- no, not only angry. She was furious.

"MALFOY, WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?" Brittney screamed.

"Winky, bring us some pumpkin juice, and sandwiches would be nice," I said ignoring Brittney at first. CRACK! "I've been thinking, Falls, that I might be roasted if I were to tell you my father's plan."

"Oh, Sapphire, why can't you just be like Draco? He's so nice, tells me everything... He's so hot..." Brittney dreamed.

"Merlin's beard, Brittney! Would you please stop day dreaming about my cousin!" I said frustrated.

"He's gorgeous... I wish I were a Pureblood, then I would really have a chance with him."

"Brittney Falls!" I shouted. Her eyes came back to focus.

"Yes?"

"What were you asking me for?"

"I only wanted to talk to you."

The door opened. "Winky has prepared the food, would you like anything else, Mistress?" Winky squeaked. She carried a tray of food in her arms. There were two jars of pumpkin juice, a jug a butterbeer, and a couple turkey sandwiches. I shook my head.

"If we need anything else, I will call for you." The house elf nodded. CRACK! I pulled a chair over to the desk and placed the tray on it. I sat on the chair.

Brittney took a bite of a sandwich. "Hm..Winky does make great sandwiches."

"She does make better ones than Dobby. You can have both of the pumpkin juices, I don't like them." I said taking a drink out of the butterbeer jug.

"I know," she said grinning. We continued to eat, enjoying the delicious food made by the house elf.

"Care to read Hogwarts: A History with me?" I asked after we were both finished eating.

"Sapphire, you know I don't like to read much," Brittney replied.

"Then, what do you want to do?"

"Shop! Let's go shopping!"

She took my hand and we apparted to Diagon Alley.

***

We carried shopping bags around our arms and apparated to my bedroom. "Wow, Sapphire...you have so much dark clothes. I know the Dark Mark makes you want to wear dark clothes but- wow..."

"I'm a Death Eater, Brittney."

She looked at my outfit- a sleeveless black dress and black sandals. "All your clothes look so alike. I'm so glad I took you shopping today!" Brittney said. She had gotten me a blue dress and a purple dress. I didn't like the light colours, but I got them because  Brittney wanted me to.

"It's only because you like light colours."

"There's a war coming, isn't there?"

I nodded,"We will need to get to Hogwarts soon."

"What did you mean, Sapphire, when you said Draco isn't mine?"

----