Chapter 8

Severus Snape. Snape. Snape!

"Do you think I would tell you?" I stormed out of the office. I climbed those tricky stairs of Hogwarts and came to the Transfiguration classroom.

"You are to transfigure the rat into a drinking-Oh, hello, Miss Malfoy..." Professor McGonagall said rather awkwardly.

"Hello, Professor, my father wanted me to join the class."

"We- well, okay. You may sit next to Mr.Longbottom. It's the only seat left. Your brother already has someone sitting next to him."

"He's here?" I gasped. I glanced over at the students and saw those familiar grey eyes. I waved. Draco nodded. The Griffindork boy was shivering in fear. "Oh, no worries Longbottom, I'm supervising." I cooed.

"But- you are? I...yes..Miss Malfoy is in charge," the Head of Gryffindor said.

"Now, everyone! Transfigure your rat into a snake!" I demanded.

"What about a lion?" a Griffindork with large brown eyes suggested.

"Of course not, you Griffindork! Soon, the Dark Lord will return to Hogwarts. He will only accept Slytherins and let the others who refuse be slaughtered," I scowled. The Slytherins snickered and howled with laughter. The Gryffindork's face was rising in colour.

"I thought your father was in Azkaban, Malfoy," Longbottom spat.

"What's that got to do with anything? My father was never in Azkaban. He is the greatest wizard of all time. Why would he be in Azkaban?" I smirked. "40 points from Griffindor for rudeness and being dorky." I had given Draco a apologetic glance when he flinched at the mention of Azkaban. "Enough! Continue with the snakes!" I ordered. "She's meaner than Snape!" I heard a girl from Hufflepuff say. There were more than two houses in a class now, because lots of students didn't want to come back to Hogwarts. "20 points from Hufflepuff for insulting me," I snarled.

The first one to transfigure the rat into a snake was Lavender Brown. I knew her very well, because last year, she was crazy about Ronald Weasley. I used to be friends with the Golden Trio. Except Ron, I suppose. I reckon he didn't think I was a Death Eater; he only disliked me because I'm in Slytherin and also closely related to Draco Malfoy. I rewarded her by telling the snake not to bite.

***

I came home, exhausted. "What are you doing here so early?" Father asked.

"Teaching and punishing really is exhausting. Please let me stay home, Father."

He didn't seem to hear me. "Those two stupid-" he blurt out randomly.

"Father, you didn't do anything too-"

"Sapphire, I already did, they needed to be taken care of properly."

"Father, you shouldn't torture our own- our own people."

"I'm in charge, Sapphire. They wouldn't know if I didn't torture them."

"You're right."

***

We- Draco and I were sitting on armchairs until Cissy says,"They say they've got Potter," "Draco come here," she adds. Draco was home for his Easter holiday. Lucius had insisted Draco go to Hogwarts.

"It's the best year at Hogwarts," Lucius had said. Draco stood.

"Well, boy?" Greyback said.

"Let me see!" I insisted. I stood as well, following Draco who was very pale at the moment.

"Well, Draco?" Uncle said."Is it Harry Potter?"

"I can't- I can't be sure," said Draco.

"I don't think it's him. It can't be. His- his face..." I lied. I knew it was him. What was he doing here? I glanced at Draco. He glanced back. Both our expressions were the same. We were both terrified.

"But look at him carefully, look! Come closer!" Lucius insisted. His eyes were filled with excitement.

"Draco, if we are the ones who hand Potter over to the Dark Lord, everything will be forgiv-"

"Uncle, please, you're already forgiven. You've taken great care of me, kept me alive!"

"Perhaps a reward would be nice..." he muttered."Looks more like a Stinging-Jinx to me." I sat back down and tunes out until the drawing room door opened.

"What is this? What's happened, Cissy?" Mother's voice said. She looked at the prisoners. "But surely," she said quitely,"this is the Mudblood girl? This is Granger?"

"Yes, yes, it's Granger!" cried Lucius. "And beside her, we think, Potter! Potter and his friends, caught at last!"

"Potter? The Dark Lord must be informed at once!" Mother shrieked.

Then, they continued arguing about who should press their Dark Mark. Mother noticed the sword of Griffindor. I laid back on my armchair and fell asleep.

***

"Sapphire, get your arse off the armchair!" Mother shouted.

"Yes, Mother." I said groggily.

"Have a word with the prisoners, will you? In the dungeon." I nodded and headed to the dungeon.

"Hello, Harry, Ron, Luna," I greeted.

"HERMIONE!" Ron screamed.

"Winky!" I called. CRACK!

"Yes, Mistress?"

"Take me where my mother is."

CRACK! "You are lying, filthy Mudblood, and I know it! You have been inside my vault at Gringotts! Tell the truth!" Mother screamed. "What else did you take? What else have you got? Tell me the truth or, I swear, I will run you through with this knife!"

"What else did you take? ANSWER ME! CRUCIO!"

"How did you get into my vault?" Mother screamed once again. "Did that dirty little goblin in the cellar help you?"

"We only met him tonight! We've never been inside your vault...It isn't the real sword. It's a copy!"

"Oh, a likely story." Mother screeched.

"But we can find out easily!" Uncle Lucius informed. "Draco, fetch the goblin, he can tell us wether the sword is real or not!" Draco went to fetch the goblin.

"Don't be too harsh, Mother," I said quietly. "Don't call him Blood-Traitor. Andromeda is one too. It really isn't his choice." My mother only shook her head.

"Draco's coming," Aunt Cissy said.

-----