Chapter 1: the news!

I'm Alex, I'm 17 years old and as you can tell I'm the girl in the picture. I have an okay family but they are very emotional. I sighed and just got out if bed a few minutes ago. I'm wearing my regular clothes so I don't h e anything special. I have a two story house that's regular so I'm not rich. I walked down stairs to see my mother and my father talking to a police officer. "yes ma'am, she went missing yesterday when she was on a walk." they were talking about someone and the type if person I am, I asked "who's missing?" as my mother looked at me with tears in her eyes and disappointment in his eyes then my father said "Maddie went missing yesterday." I froze my best friend is missing. the only person who understood how I felt and how I cared about others. She told me how much she hated her life and stuff at times but she would never go missing. where is she?! "Do you mean she is dead?" ask Alice, my sister from behind me. she has brunette hair that is shoulder length and has very pale skin like me. "Alice! you don't know she is dead!" Sobbed my mother who looked like she is going to cry a river and Alice is 13 years old but did he have to get this morbid?! "yeah right, everyone who goes missing end up dying in the end." replies Alice who looked like she didn't give a crap then I simply said "yeah, do you really think anyone would believe that?! your best friend went missing two years ago and you didn't believe she was dead." it was true, her best friend, Dona, went missing. "yeah before I found put she was dead." she said as she looked at me. her look looked sad from what I said but walked back upstairs then the officer said "I'm sorry for telling you this bad news." I now was angry about how much my little sister doesn't care about Maddie and she knows how much I cared about her. "yeah, thanks for the pleasant news." I said coldly to the officer then my mother said "Alex go to our room this instant!" did I mention my parents act like I'm a little kid? "it's fine, ma'am, this happens a lot when I have to tell such bad news." replied the officer then I said that sounded as if I had no soul "happens a lot then huh? then I wonder how they felt when you basically know their dead?" as my parents and the officer looked shocked then the officer said "we're on the case so you don't know that yet." as I then looked at my parents then I went to my room to cry. I guess this is what fate wanted to happen and I guess crying is going to make me feel better i guess.

~~this is the end of this chapter! This is going to be a short but yet a mystery book to find out where Maddie is and there will be lots of twist and turns! the question for this chapter is: has any of your family members or friends ever went missing? bye! gladiator out!~~