Chapter 3

Chapter 3

                 A week’s gone by and still all I hear from the girls is "Blake this.." and "Blake that". Ugh. At least Fiza shuts up about it sometimes. Sabrena’s stalking his every move.

                Literally. I think she thinks she can make him fall for her or something.  Which no doubt she can with her toned tall-body and dark brown straight hair and goldenish hazel eyes. She had this exotic look to her but it just made her look even better looking. Like a foreign supermodel.  But this should be a sight to see since Sabrena might have the looks and the style, but shes not exactly smooth when it came to people. That's more like Fiza.

                She's friendly with everyone and she's so bold and outgoing. Sabrena looks like she may be the bolder one but she keeps to herself just a teeny bit around other people. Enough for me to notice.  I think I'm a mix of them. I'm bold when I'm with my friends and family and when I'm not I keep to myself. Blake Hills  just moved here last year and already he's the golden boy of our school because of his great looks, style, dazzling smile, and way with women. Who knows how many girls I’ve heard swoon over him.

BARF. How can people only look at that in a man. We need to be smarter. Our life partner is someone who we just have to get along with and cooperate with to make compromises. Nothing else really. I see all these foolish girls babbling on n on about males like their dome sort of rare candy. Then they start falling in love with at least 5 different guys and think he's the one. How many "the ones" can a person have? Apparently, A LOT! Thank god I’m not on some hunt for my “match”. I don’t really think love exists. I just think they really like the person. And then they get married and their deep like wears off and their relationship is based on agreement.

Speaking of love, todays thanksgiving! And the whole house is gonna be crowded with a billion family and friends. Sure I love them, but they just make me do so much work and ugh I’m just a lazy person I guess. At least Fiza and Sabrena will be there. Since their family friends DUH! Man, a huge feast sounds really good right now. But I have to clean.

“Laila” my mom called softly from the kitchen.  I was sprawled on the couch playing angry birds on my iPod.

“Haan” I said in the same tone. DARN YOU STUPID BIRD!

“Laila!” my mom said making her tone a bit louder than before. Now shes annoying me and so is this dumb bird!

“Haan!!!” I said in the same town clearly showing my anger.

“LAILAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!” she screamed,

“HAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed at the top of my lungs.

“Theres no reason to yell. Goodness!” my mom said entering the living room wearing her apron. So that’s why it smells good. She’s almost done cooking.

“Go clean this house abosultely spotless. And make sure you clean the guest room.

“What why? Did you invite some person from subzi mundi again?” I said shaking my head in disappointment.

“No. not after what they did to my carpet last year.” She said shuddering at the memory. Ghee and Thanksgiving does NOT mix!

“Anyways, I was saying that and ol’ family friends coming over to visit. They haven’t been here in 2 years but im sure you remember them.” She continued. Oh gosh. Is it who I think it is?

“Yup. The Khans are coming. And their gonna stay the night. Since they live so far. So get off your butt and go clean!” with that she walked off. I dropped my ipod. My jaw hit the floor. A fly could’ve passed through my mouth and I wouldn’t have noticed.