Chapter 6

Recap

"Laila. are you okay?" Sabrena asked me putting her hands on my shoulders. I put a finger up since I couldn't muster enough breath to speak, letting her know I'd be fine in a minute. At least thats what I had originally thought.

"Is that you guys? I'm so sorry." my heart beat quickened even more which was quite impossible because if the rate it was beating at now.

"You..guys...go run. Get away. I'm right behind you.” my words barely audible with my loud rapsy pants. A figure popped out on the corner and was slowly approaching towards us. I started getting worried. I knew I was a hopeless case but they should be sprinting away right now!

"Why....are..you..just standing. Come on!" I said after long pauses of heavy painful panting. I got up on my feet  and after stumbling a bit, I began dragging them limply by the arm.. Trying to jog away. My lungs ached even more. I looked back behind me. My vision became blurry and full with black spots. The dark figure became blurry. I sat down abruptly on the curb. Trying to regain balance.

I could make out Sabrena or Fiza standing in front of me, looking towards the figure.

"Is that...is..?" Sabrena said.

"Oh my god Laila! Sabrena! I don’t think she's breathing Right!" Fiza’s alarmed voice said.  I could make out two lights.

Headlights? A car? Whatever it was, it pulled up near us.

"Who's that? Ask them for help! Laila! Keep talking to me!" Fiza said hitting my face gently, her voice breaking with worry. I could tell she was frantic, despitehow disoriented I was.

And as she said that, every breath I took was using up much effort and was beginning to get painful. It was coming out in very short gasps. I looked at Fiza, trying to reassure her in some why but soon my whole vision became black and I didn't hear a sound

Just…..

 Nothing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6 

 "Laila... Laila." I heard someone faintly  calling my name. Why is their voice coming out so weird. Or is that my hearing? All I could see was black and I felt so strange and out of it. Where the heck am I!

 Wait. I'm breathing fine again? What happened!

After a few minutes, I finally managed to snap open my eyes. Just to be met with glistening chocolate brown ones filled with worry. Sabrena.  My head was on Her lap and she was staring rat whatever was in front of us... Her face was contorted with worry and panic. Suddenly it all came crashing down. Flashing back in my head, though it was still a bit fuzzy afterwards.

Dark. Footsteps. Running. Panting. Dark figure. Black. Nothing.

"Who-what happened!" I said. But my throat was dry and it came out hoarse. Sabrena looked at me in surprise and let out a gasp. The corners of her lips turned into a small smile.

"Allah ka Shukar! " she exclaimed closing her eyes.

"You dodo's! She's awake!" Sabrena said as she was stroking my hair. I'm so confused! Was I kidnapped? Did I get run over? Fiza soon came running in front of me and grabbed my hand, also wearing the same expression as Sabrena.

"Thank God you're alright!" Fiza’s voice was strained. I guess everyone was worked up about me. What happened to me? Did I faint or something? I'm such a wimp

 I sat up slowly, feeling the pressure travel to my head, a pounding soon following after.  I felt a little better now. But questions were rapidly forming in my head. We were still in the same place that i remember from my memory. But what about the figure? The man? And the car