Chapter 4

LI 4

Recap 

"The-Khan-family-are-moving-back-here-tonight-and-their-going-to-be-staying-at-my-house-until-they-can-buy-their-house-back," I slurred throught and taking a huge breath when I finished.

"So, your saying Hamza, Samina and Zaiyaan are coming. Big Whoop" Fiza said.

"Umm Fiza. I think shes trying to tell us that we're kinda one friend short of the last time we saw them. Theres bound to be questions." Sabrena said in a quiet voice

"...That we don't want to answer." Fiza said after a little pause, catching on.

"Its okay guys. I can handle it. " Fiza said in a very unsure voice.

"Don't worry. We'll be there the whole time to save you. See you tonight!" Sabrena said and hung up.

"Fiza. I can tell them to lay off you know-" I started

"No. No its fine Laila. I need to be a tough chick and take it. Bye." And the line went dead. 

I sighed and fell on my bed. Lets just hope they aren't very nosey tonight.

If only we made that promise sooner.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4  Thanksgiving

​                “Arraaay! Laila! NAPKIN LAA!!”

​                “FORGET YOUR NAPKIN! WHERES MY SPOON!”

​                “Laila! Can you get me some soda?” All these requests were filling my ears and I was running back and forth trying to get it in time. Ugh when are the Khans getting here. People will calm down then. Another shot of requests came my way. Sentences just flew past my ear.

​                “Laila, Get your butt in the kitchen!”

​                “Hey Laila, long time no see. Where’s Fiza Sabrena and Mavish?”

​                “LAILA!”

Wait what was that second one?

I froze.

. Did someone just ask about she-who-should-not-be-named. I recalled to whose voice that was. Slightly Familiar and teasing....but different.

Oh god! They’re here! I turned around.

​                “HEY! Thank god you’re finally her”- my voice got in my throat.  As I turned around to get a glimpse. Okay,Who is this? Cause they do not look familiar. Maybe its someone my mom invited from work or something. Why didn’t she tell me?!

A tall boy, sorry MAN was standing with dark brown slightly spiked hair with a tint of light brown If you looked in the light, nice light tan toned skin, and man he was very tall maybe 6’2, and the weirdest thing of all that threw me off was that he was holding a giant apple pie. He was wearing a nice button up red dress shirt with dark jeans underneath and a black vest over. This kids got great style I’ve got to say. A familiar aroma hit my nose, Apples and cinnamon and brown sugar. Mmm I haven’t smelled anything like it in years. It smelled exactly like Farrah Auntie’s. It looked like it too. She’s Mrs. Khan. So that means they ARE here?!  

. But who is he? I haven’t seen them in forever! Judging by his Giant size it’s probably Hamza! 

“Hamza! How has it been,Papa bear” I said shaking is hand with An unusually awkward Hamzaf hug. Since he didn't look that willing to give me our old bear hugs.  He looked at me with an amused smile like he knew something I didn’t. I just Hamzaf smiled and brushed it off. Weird.