Chapter 10

Recap

I can't believe it. He tried to pull something on Mavish. Tried to touch her and force himself on her. Tried to..kiss her. I never would have thought he'd be that person. Underneath all the loathe and anger I held for him, I found myself mad at myself that I foolishly believed that he wasn’t one of them. I thought of him as a guy that may tease and be rude to me but never a sleazy, muslim rebel hitting on any pretty thing that walks on two feet,

But the facts were all there. My eyes witnessed the 'right-after' scene. Flashes of Mavish near the couch on the ground, cowering away in fear, ran through my head. Zaiyaan guilty hands up in front of him, almost near her. It looked very much as though she had escaped his grasp at the second I managed to barge in.

Only Allah knows what happened in the two years I didn't see him that made him this way. The Zaiyaan I knew and grew up with might have been mean, annoying, mischievous, but nothing like this. Never like this.

It's sad how someone you've known and grown up with your whole life, can change in a matter of years to a whole different person.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 10

It had been three hours since Zaiyaan stormed out of the house with rage. Here I was, holding my head on my bed. After explaining (with much difficulty)  to the adults that we had one of those simple arguments again, I ran up to my room in a feeble attempt to get away from this mess.  Little did they know it was't one of our 'usual quarrels' from when we were younger. My ears itched to hear my Adhi bhai's voice, his better judgement. But I knew that wasn't possible at this moment. It wasn't possible for a while. I tried not to let my mood become even more sour then it already was and pushed those thoughts away. My Friday had been completely ruined. Even Sabrena and Fiza had gone home so nothing good could possibly come out of this night. Tomorrow will just be the same; AKA horrible.

My eyes widened at my foreign attitude. Where did this sudden pessimistic side of me come from? I started to panic a little. I don't want myself to change just because other people did. I try to look at the bright side of things, not point out whats wrong and mope about it.  Then again, I'm not going to be rambling about flowers and butterflies in happiness at this moment. I felt a light pang in my chest as I thought about  Mavish, about my best freind. I felt guilty. I knew it wasn't my fault, but I've just always been that kind of person, I dont know why. Everyone says I force myself to find a way to feel overwhelmed with guilt and shame whenever something goes wrong and I'm the slightest involved. It starts to slowly chew away my insides and keep me up at night, till I realize the person is fine with it.  I know I would be the last person on earth to stay put and content if someone was forcing themselves on me and getting up in my personal 'bubble'. Sadly, Zaiyaan was MY family friend, the only reason they know him is becasue of me. So if he doesn’t apologize, I will. I should have made sure the...the little....the twerp was gone before I invited them over. I bit my lip trying not to worry about her ignoring me and getting mad at me.  I texted Mavish a quick apology,yet heartfelt, and sighed. I had too many questions to ask. I couldn’t take it anymore. I need to know. I called the one  person I’ve been dying to talk to since the whole 'shebang'.

“What’s up Laila?” Fiza’s voice said. Her voice was completely composed and stoic. No sadness. No happiness in her voice. No nothing. I gulped. This was the scary side of Fiza I rarerly ever saw. It was like a statue with a permanent, indifferent expression engraved into it's facial feautures. 

“Do…do you believe it?”I blurted out. Call me blunt. But I just went straight to the point. There's no need to beat around the bush. I couldn't help but feel bad about bringing it up right away, I knew she was trying hard to camoflouge her feelings. She let out a long sigh.