Chapter 17

---3rd person---

As soon as Kiyomi heard his scream, she was about to leap out of the box where she was and run to him.

However, before she could do anything, she was yanked back by her collar.

She wanted to know who had stopped her; however she couldn't tear her eyes away from the sand in which Gaara was. She had to see him, to make sure he was okay.

"Calm down." said a voice behind her, who she knew was Mariko's.

Kiyomi didn't reply. She only but her lip harder, drawing blood from it and causing the warm taste to fill her mouth.

 ~

Akari's gasp filled the air as she heard Gaara's yell.

Normally these things wouldn't affect her, but now that she knew that even though that boy seemed crazy and tried to kill her, he’s important to Kiyomi.

Shit. If that attack is as powerful as that busy browed sensei was saying, then...

Rei's eyes had widened before narrowing.

Yes he was indeed confused and amazed at Sasuke's attack, but he also wondered about this Gaara guy.

'Blood, my blood' Rei thought. What exactly did he mean by that? My blood? Of course it’s his blood! Who else could it have been?

No normal ninja would react like that. And yes his got wasn't normal, what he was seeking was blood. Why is he so surprised he's hurt? I mean sure that defence seemed strong in the Forest of Death by it can't be that powerful.... can it?

"Sensei-" Rei started but cut himself off when he turned to find his sensei not there.

Where'd she go? He thought.

"Oh if you’re looking for Mariko," Kakashi started, catching Rei's attention. "She said she went to check up on Kiyomi."

Rei gave Kakashi a nod before turning back to the scene before him.

He was confused but most of all curious. He wondered just what the hell was up with this sand ninja.

He watched as Sasuke released his chakra once again, causing the blue lightening like chakra to spark everywhere before he tried to yank his arm out of the sand. But as he finally got free, jumping away, something followed.

It was like an arm but it wasn't. It was the same colour as the sand only lighter with blue lines which almost seemed like veins on it.

But it wasn't a human arm; it was the arm of a beast.

 ~

As soon as Kiyomi laid eyes on the arm, she froze in place. 

She couldn't move, she couldn’t speak, she couldn't do anything.

---flashback---

Kiyomi cried out in pain as she leaped backwards away from the beast before her.

"Kiyomi! Are you okay?" asked Mariko as she also jumped back to where Kiyomi was. 

"Ah fuck that hurt!" Kiyomi growled in response as she looked down at the huge gash through her stomach.

"AHAHAH!" laughed the beast before them. "Did you really think a child like you could defeat me!?"

Kiyomi gritted her teeth as her hands balled into tighter fists.