Chapter 45

(Important Note at the end)

[Neymars Pov]

Today, Maria called saying that she wants to meet somewhere so we could 'talk'. I have no idea what she wanted to 'talk' about but I just pray to God that she doesn't want to break up with me. That surely would break me. Maybe if I dressed up in something hot then it would change her mind of breaking up with me when we meet up.

I went with wearing black jeans, a white top and red sneakers. I put my hair up in a slight quiff and added hairspray for a little gloss. I hoped she liked what I was wearing because I really hope she's not going to break up with me.

I quickly said goodbye to Davi and Gil before grabbing my phone and car keys and headed out the door of my house. It didn't take me too long to get to the café that we were going to meet at but I just hoped many people weren't there.

When I pulled up into the parking spot, I noticed her sitting at a table at the other end of the café through the big clear window. She seemed to be happy, so I guess that's a good sign.

I entered the café and to my surprise there was only an elderly couple and the workers inside, other than Maria sitting by her lonesome, but not for long.

"Hey babe" I said as she stood up to give me a tight hug.

"Hey. I missed you" she kissed me on the lips and lingered there for a while longer before pulling away with a smile on her face.

"I missed you too" I smiled.

She motioned for me sit down as did she. I had no idea what she wanted to talk about but it made me feel uneasy because when someone wants to 'talk', it's never about something good.

"Do you want to order something?" she asked me.

"Uh, yeah" I said, she took that upon herself to call over the waiter, which didn't bother me one bit.

"Hello and welcome. What would you like to order?" The male waiter greeted the both of us.

"You first. I haven't figured out what I want yet" I lied because, Ladies first.

We both ordered and then there was silence. I could feel my palms start to sweat just from thinking of what she was going to say. There were many scenarios flotaing around in my head and I just didn't know which was going to take place.

"How have you been? I feel like I haven't seen you in a while even though it's only been like 2 days" she chuckled.

"I know how you feel" I chuckled. "But to answer your question, I've been good. It gets boring at home since the end of football season but thanks to Davi and Gil, they keep me company" I smiled.

"I'm glad to hear it. It shocks me how you can stand Gil" she said sarcastically before continuing.."He's so annoying but Davi, on the other hand is such a cutie" she crinkled her nose slightly like she was going to go crazy over how cute he was. Just hearing her say those things about Gil made me laugh so hard that it made the elderly couple turn our way with a glare.

"Sorry" I whispered to them and it seemed to soften their facial expression.

"Here is your order. Just call me if you need anything" he smiled and walked away without us saying thank you.

I took a sip of my coffee and waited patiently for her to come out and say what she wanted to tell me.

"Ok, so you're probably wondering why I wanted to talk to you, right?" she raised her brows in my direction, I nodded.

"Well, you know how Christmas is coming up?" she questioned.

"Yeahh" I answered unsurely. I don't know where she is going with this..