Chapter 7

Malak Pov:

I went up to Kehlani's room to talk to her. That mouth of hers is a little out of control for a four year...but she was low key right about everything she said. It's so funny to me how much she catches on to things.

Malak: Baby girl?
Kehlani: What daddy?
Malak: *sits in her bed* Listen.
Kehlani: Daddy I'm already listening!

Lord please help me....
Smart ass mouth..

Malak: Listen little one...you better stop talking to me like that or you'll have to see the belt.
Kehlani: Nooo not the belt daddy I'm sorry! *she cried*
Malak: I'm just kidding. I would never get the belt on you. *hugs her*
Kehlani: *still cries*
Malak: Hey wanna go get ice cream?

As soon as I said ice cream, she stopped crying and shot her head up. She hopped off of my lap and made her way down the stairs. "Come on daddy" she screamed. I laughed and went to grab her jacket from her closet. I then went down stairs to put it on her. I buckled her into the back seat and we were on our way to Dairy Queen.

4 months later....

Your Pov:
I was sleeping so peacefully until Jasiona barged in. "Wake up" she yelled. I still laid there without opening my eyes to see her. I'm still tired. "Get up girl the photo shoot is today" with that she turned on the light, forcing my eyes to open. "Today" I asked. "Yes now get the hell up" she demanded. I don't know who the hell she's talking to but I guess I'll let it slide because she is helping me. I got out of bed and went to go brush up. Then I took a shower and got dressed, and curled my hair. I then hurried down the stairs because Jay was waiting for me. "Let's go" I said. "Aren't you gonna eat" she asked. I shook my head no and we left out.
*
*
*
*
Once we go to place it seemed.....unprofessional. I didn't know wether to go in or go back home but I just followed Jay inside. We walked in to the raggedy building and I saw lots of people. Lights flickered everywhere and all the attention was on this girl. She looked mixed and was very fit.

She looks way better than me.....

She had dimples that were so deep into her cheeks and I hated it. My dimples aren't as defined as hers. She's just.....beautiful. "Okay that's a wrap" I heard the photographer say and I guess she went to go change. The man walked over to me and smiled. "You must be y/n" he shook my hand. "Yes nice to meet you John" I said as I read the tattoo on his arm. "Okay so today we are going put you in a bit of summery clothes but to warn you.....some of them will expose a little bit of your body" he explained. I nodded and one of the assistance took me into a back room and sat me down Into a chair. "First is your make up....you really don't need it though you're so beautiful" she complimented . "I'm far away from beautiful" I mumbled lowly as she started to play with my hair. She stopped suddenly and said "Girl you better stop it! I wouldn't just call you beautiful if you weren't....besides....I'm kinda jealous of you" "Jealous of what?" I asked. "Your skin is flawless...your hair is all long a curly...your dimples show when you make that beautiful smile...your eyes light up like the sky...you're just perfect" she went on. "I don't think of myself as beautiful...I think of my self as a repellent piece of shit" I slightly yelled. She shot back "Girl please..don't do this to yourself. If anyone is repellent its me...you probably have men all over you...or a a boyfri-" "Nope I'm single" I said fast. I really didn't want to talk about it. "Oh well....I heard you have a daughter....that's why I asked" she softened up. "I uh have my daughter who is five...her name is Kehlani" I informed. "Oh my god can I see a picture please. She must be beautiful like you" she suggested. I smiled to myself.

She's very beautiful....

I pulled out my phone and searched for the most recent picture I have a my little girl. I found it and showed it to her.

She gasped "SHES GORGEOUS" "Thank you" I said

She gasped "SHES GORGEOUS" "Thank you" I said. "How old is she" she asked. I told her she was now five. She kinda got quiet for a second. "....she...kinda looks like someone I know" she mumbled. I was so curious so I asked who...who could she possibly look like besides me? "Do you know someone named....Malak...Watson?"

Malak....
The one who broke my heart...
The reason we don't have our second child....
The reason I left....
The reason I don't have my daughter.....

The one I love.....

Yes...I know him....