Chapter 12

Y/n pov:
I called the house to talk to khelani. "Hello?" She said. "Hey little girl it's mommy" I explained. "Mommyyyyyyy I miss you mommy" she yelled into the phone. "I miss you more baby. What are you up to ?" I asked. "I'm playing in my room with my new toys mommy" she said. " Ooooo you got new toys ? That's niceee" I said sarcastically. There was silence for a moment. She wouldn't speak. "Khelani? What's wrong?" I asked worried. "Mommy I want you to come home and stay with me and daddy" she cried (literally). I hated hearing her cry. I hated hurting her. "I know baby I know. Mommy really wants to see you. I just need a little longer break from daddy" I tried not to cry. "But why mommy ? Daddy loves you and I love you" she told. Does he really love me ? Why did he hurt me so much if he really loved me ? "I know khelani. And I love you too" I said. "Do you love daddy too mommy?" She sniffled. I hesitated to speak. I didn't know how I felt about Malak at this point. He's hurt me so much. "Mommy?" Khelani asked. "Yes baby. I do love daddy" I admitted. "Then come home mommy pleaseee we need you" she pleaded. I thought about it and I thought hard. I need to see my daughter. She needs me in her life...I have to go back. "Okay Khelani mommy will think about it. I love you" I said. "I love you too mommy...bye bye" she hung up.
What am I going to do ? I have to make everything up to khelani but I don't wanna fall into malak's traps again. But...I'm not going back for him. I'm going back for my daughter and that's all that matters.

Malaks pov:
"Khelani who were you talking to" I asked. She continued to play with her toys. She had dried up tears on her face so I knew she had been crying. "Lani what's wrong" I asked concerned. She looked up at me and burst into tears. I knew why she was crying. She misses y/n and so do I. "Were you talking to mommy" I asked. She nodded and said "Mommy's not coming back daddy. She's not coming back" she cried loudly barely able to get her words out. I knew she was probably right. I really hurt her and i don't know if she would ever forget about it and forgive me for what I've done. "Lani look at me" she looked up at with with tears streaming down her face. "Mommy loves you. I know she'll come back to see you soon. I know she misses you a lot" I explained. "But mommy said she needed a break from you daddy" "I know she did. But that doesn't mean she's going to stay away forever" I said. "Okay daddy" she wiped her tears. I sat on her bed and she jumped into my arms. I held her until she had fallen asleep. Once I made sure she was in a deep sleep, I put her in her bed and let her take a nap. Khelani has never cried that much about her mother not being here. I wanted to cry along but I had to be strong for her. I told myself over and over that she would come back. I wanted to believe she would but she hates me so much that I seriously doubt it sometimes.

Hours Later*

I had fallen asleep on the couch. The lights were on. And I smelled something from the kitchen....something BURNING ! I ran toward the kitchen and there were flames everywhere.... I ran to to khelani's room so that we could escape. But she was not there. "KHELANI...KHELANI WHERE ARE YOU" I yelled worried. Something told me to go back to look in the kitchen. And there I saw khelani..face down on the floor.
NOOOO!!!!!!! I ran in to get her. The fire had burned half of my arm. "Ahhhh" I screamed as I lifted her burned body off of the floor and left out the house. I was very dizzy. I looked down at Khelani and she..wasn't breathing. I called 911 quickly. I got as far away from the house as possible. I finally stopped and looked at my daughter. "WHYYYY GOD WHYYY. NOT MY BABY GIRL. THIS IS ALL MY FAULT"