Chapter Four.

“Veronica! Please wait!” I heard Stephen shout as he ran after me through the school corridors, a huge crowd following him. Most of them were whispering amongst themselves, but I was drowned into my thoughts to even bother listening in.

“Leave her alone!” another guy shouted behind Stephen as I kept running, heading towards the girls bathroom again. I realised Stephen had stopped chasing after me as he turned around to face the guy. Instead of walking into the bathroom again, I hid behind the lockers, peeking out occasionally to see what was going on. No-one could see me.

“You don’t even know her.” Stephen muttered out loudly as the crowd formed around him, blocking my view from both of them now. The guy and Stephen.

“How do you know that?” the guy asked as I tried to tiptoe up to see him, but all I could see was his chestnut hair. I groaned under my breath as I was desperate to see who this guy was.

“Well…I...” Stephen started to say as he tripped up on his own words, clearly not knowing what to say back to him.

“If she was yours, you wouldn’t of left her you bastard.” He snapped back at Stephen, causing the whole crowd to gasp. Almost no-one in this school had ever talked to Stephen like this...ever.

Stephen owned this school…practically.

“What did you just say?” Stephen said as the crowd backed away slowly, making the circle a little bigger. Causing me to see a little more of the guy.

“You heard what I said, idiot.” The guy muttered as he stepped forward. The crowd started to move in closer again, once again blocking my view. I wanted to step forward and push past them all to see who it was, but I knew I couldn’t. If I did, they would all stare at me.

I was the main issue in this whole stupid ‘fight’. If I stepped forward and tried to sort everything out, it will turn out worse.

“Don’t you dare say that again!” Stephen shouted out angrily as he took hold of the guys collar and shoved him back against the locker, clearly starting a physical fight. The crowd gasped and whispered amongst themselves. The girls hands over their mouths, the guys chanting for Stephen to start the fight once and for all.

“Stop it!” I shouted out as everyone’s heads turned towards me, the guys chanting drained away slowly as the girls glared at me. I pushed myself past everyone, ignoring their whispers as I pulled Stephen away from him furiously.

He glared at me as I saw the guy for the first time. He was tall, dark chestnut hair, his side fringe covering one of his dark brown eyes. I parted my lips to say something as Stephen was about to shout again. His sleeves were rolled up; it was obvious he wanted to start the fight.

I grabbed the guys hand then shoved past everyone, pulling him along with me. I looked like a complete idiot since I didn’t even know this guy at all. But it was the only way to get Stephen not to touch him.

To get Stephen to leave us alone.

To leave me alone.

Everyone was silent as I heard Stephen slam the lockers hard with his fists, he was clearly angry. I kept walking, holding the guys hand tightly as I realised he had locked his fingers in-between mines.

I wanted to know who this guy was, and how he knew me. But I didn’t dare ask as I pushed open the school doors with my other free hand, then I walked out with him. Hand in hand. I stood outside with him, still holding hands as the cold breeze blew against our faces, blowing a lock of my hair onto my face.

He slowly let go of my hand, causing me to turn and look at him slightly. I realised his hand was on my cheek, stroking it slowly as he then tucked the lock of hair behind my ear slowly.

I couldn’t help but wonder to myself if this was love at first sight.

It sounded weird. And very sappy. But I could tell you this…I could tell you that this was exactly what It was.

He leaned in slowly, and at first I thought he was going to kiss me, but instead his lips brushed my ear softly as I moved my head slightly. His lips felt soft against my ear as I felt his warm breath tickle my ear lightly.

“You are beautiful.” He whispered softly into my ear, causing me to blush deeply. Was he just saying this for the sake of it, or did he really seriously mean it? I didn’t dare ask him as I enjoyed this moment.

His lips brushed my ear even more as he gave it a few kisses, causing me to blush even more. I hardly knew this guy, and he was kissing my ear?

Man, this felt weird. But at the same time it felt amazing. I have fallen in love…again. I think.

He kept kissing my ear, and then he slowly moved down my ear, giving my neck a few kisses also. With his other hand, he carefully moved my hair to one side and continued kissing my neck softly. I continued to blush as he did so. I couldn’t help it.

I parted my lips and was about to whisper something, but he stopped me as he pulled away slightly, placing his finger on my lips, gesturing for me to be quiet.

“Love at first sight?” he whispered lowly, a smile forming on his lips as I gave him the how-did-you-know look. His fingers gently brushed my soft lips slowly, his thumb rubbing my bottom lip as he looked into my eyes.

His eyes were so dark and mysterious. The type of eyes a girl could get lost in easily.

Before I knew it, he leaned in slowly, taking his fingers away from my lips as he rested a hand on my cheek, still leaning in towards my lips. He was going to kiss me.

And before I could even stop myself, I leaned in too.