Chapter 9: 132

"Please, stop" I plead through a whisper.

"Don't be so shy. You have to loosen up a little, it'll be easier that way" Clint laughs unlocking my seat belt. He moves his hand over my shirt and fondles my breast. I try to push him away but he gets angry "DON'T BE SO RUDE!" He grabs a hold of my neck threatening me. I weep out in fear and he puts his other hand under my shirt for more access.

"please.. please.." I beg again closing my eyes. He pinches my breast and my eyes open.

I'm still in the living room, and Daryl is yet again standing over me. I look around and it's dark inside the house, only a distant light illuminating the room. I look down at my forearm where his hand was holding "It didn't sound like a good dream" he removes his hand and walks away.

"What time is it?" I say as he sits on the couch.

"Around 2" he responds kicking his shoes off.

I sit up "Oh. I missed dinner, you could have woke me" I tell him rubbing my eyes.

"I figured yew needed sleep, with those dreams and all, yew probably don't get a lot." He says lying down, putting his hand behind his head and closing his eyes.

"Thanks." I say to him, "sorry that I woke you" I apologize to him.

"You didn't." he speaks. I don't have anything else to say so we lay there silently. I sigh some time later unable to sleep, "can't sleep?" Daryl asks me.

"No" I respond.

"Come with me" He says getting up and putting his shoes back on.

My eyes squint, "I'm suppose to stay off my feet" I tell him while removing my feet from the coffee table anyway.

He finished putting his shoes on and throws his vest on, "we won't be gone long."

I slip my boots on quickly and follow him through the kitchen and dining room. We leave the house from the back door and walk along the wall. My cuts don't hurt as much as they did earlier in the day and my ankle feels a little better as well. I try to put as little pressure on it as possible. We walk for only a few minutes before he stops. He leans against a part of the wall and it creaks open. He slides it over and places his bow on the ground. He slides his way out of the compound before helping me out. He picks up his bow, replaces the board and we walk a few minutes into the woods.

He finally stops, "where are we?" I ask looking around.

"Look up" He says. I tilt my head up to the night sky, and the stars shine above me.

"Whoah. That's amazing!" I say admiring the way the leaves frame the sky. I turn my head back down to where we are standing and notice that we're enclosed by trees but the field is a perfect circle. "How'd you find this place?" I ask him looking back up again.

"A lot of sleepless nights" he says in return, "like ta be alone, can't get that in there." He gestures his head back, referring to Alexandria. We hear a sound and he directs his arrow towards where the sound was coming from. We wait a few moments before a biter comes into sight. It's a boy, and he hits it directly in the head. He falls to the ground and he walks over to the body.

"What are you doing?" I ask him as he lifts up his legs and starts to drag him.

He is out of view for a moment before he walks back into sight, "I don like to leave bodies in here, not a true part of nature." We stay there for a little while before deciding to head back. He guides me back to the same spot in the wall and we walk back into the house silently. I sit back down on the couch and put my feet back up on the table, "night" Daryl says laying back down.