Chapter 4: Waiting

Another minute passes as everyone continues to stare at me, "can I have my bag back now?" I ask the Asian fellow whose holding it across his arm. He slowly lifts his arm up to lower it off and hands it back to me. I reach for it slowly, still feeling eyes blaze into me. "Are you looking for anything in particular?" I ask them zipping the bag back up offering to help "If you can clear it out, there's some pretty good stuff left." I add on, putting the bag on my back now.

No one answers my question and things stay awkward between us all. I decide to stay quiet now, looking between the 3 of them, shifting the backpack on my shoulders as the silence grows.

"Are we just gon' sit around here all day or what China man?" A man comes out of the woods with a twang in his voice. The sunset is blocking me from seeing his face and I put my hands over my eyes to try and get a better view.

"I'm Korean" the Asian says as if he's said it a thousand times with a roll of his eyes.

"What should we do with her?" The man with the red hair and beard asks. I take a step back feeling threatened by his comment. What should they do with me? What the hell does that mean, I'm a person, like they are, they shouldn't do anything but let me go.

The man comes closer and I notice the bow and arrow strung behind his back, so he's the one with that weapon, I think to myself. He gets close to my face and stares me down. I stand up straight, trying not to look weak or threatened, although fear is coursing through me. I don't know how well that is playing off but he eventually takes a step back and spits out to my right. "I'll get out of your way." I finally say feeling the hostility linger around me when I no longer feel his breath on my face.

"No, yer comin' with us." The man with the arrow says before stepping around me to grab the arrow from the walkers head. He wipes the blood with a handkerchief and replaces it into the quiver.

"What?" 3 of us say together at his remark. I don't know who the other 2 voices are, but I'm a tad relieved they had the same reaction as me. Why the hell do they want me to go with them?

He looks to them and speaks again "we ain't just gonna leave her. We'll take her back and talk with Rick." He defends his comment. He looks back to me "anything left in that store?" He points in the direction I escaped from earlier.

I shrug "some medicine, toiletries, some heavier foods I didn't want to carry. Pretty much everything but what I took." I respond.

"Water?" The woman asks me. I nod my head and she smiles with some relief.

"Let's make a plan." The Asian says before walking towards a biter and killing it with his knife. He wipes it off on his pants and puts his hand out towards me "Glenn" he introduces himself formally.

"Shannon" I say back to him reaching my hand over.

"Look, we're going to need to take you back to our car and tie you up. But you'll be safe there" He says gripping my hand tightly so I can't remove it from his grip. He pulls a zip tie out of his pocket as I try to step back but he's too quick and secures my wrists together.

"What?" I shout out as it clicks. The red headed man quickly jumps in to restrain me while covering my mouth to keep me quiet. They cover my mouth with tape before moving away from where we were standing

The one who was restraining me throws me over his shoulder "calm down rag doll" he mocks at me fighting against him. They carry me a mile or so down the dirt road to a car while I struggle most of the way. I decide to save my energy for when the timing is better and I could actually escape from them. They put me in the back seat and zip tie my feet to the back of the passenger seat. They pull the tape from my mouth and I rumble profanities as the red head and Asian walk back in the direction we came from.