Chapter 18: Keep Fighting

"Keep moving" he demands me forward further into the woods. I try not to look back towards him but I can't help it. Anytime I hear a twig break under his feet or a stack of leaves I glance for a glimpse, hoping to see my disheveled friend knocking Flax to the ground.

"Where are we going?" I ask him after my breath has calmed. If he doesn't find me first, I'll have to find my own way out of this mess.

"Not sure.. Sm'place where I can figure out what ima do witcha." He admits to me.

"What's that mean?" I ask more questions, trying to keep him talking.

"See, Clint's been ona mission to find him a suitable virgin to present back home since you escaped. We haven't come across as many as good lookin' as you though. He's been mighty angry lately." He explains as I dredge forward.

"Soooo.." I drag out "you're just gonna hand me over?"

"Maybe. Like I said, need to figure out what I wanna do witcha." He spits out to the side.

I don't really know how to else to keep him talking and my stomach is in such knots that I'm forcing the bile to stay down in my stomach. Instead, I change my train of thought and look ahead of me. The wet leaves are covering up branches but I can't tell what ones are big and strong enough to take him down. I decide to fake a fall from my injured leg and see how he reacts. If he gets close enough I can manage a decent hit. If he keeps the gun trained on me, I'll need to come up with a better plan. I take a hard step forward with my good leg and fall to the ground using that knee as the main point of force. I bend my knee under my body and try to protect the injured leg from further injury. I slam my hands into the dirt for a more dramatic effect and slide my face further into the ground.

"Get up!" Flex calls over to me. I bend my arms for a lift and glare back at him. He stands behind me keeping the gun forward. Shit, I say to myself.

I roll my eyes "could use a little help!" I growl to him hoping for him to step closer. He eyes me inquisitively but I see his eyes shift and I know he's going to help. As he begins lowering the gun my mind shifts again and I decide to act now. I dig my hands around into the dirt and find whatever I can to wack him with. My hands find a stick with some weight and I grip it tightly. His hand with the gun is to his side closest to me and he reaches over with the other hand to grab my arm. Before he can take hold I swing the branch upward and smack him in the side of the head. He falls on his ass but his hand still grasps the gun. I stand up quickly and hit him again, this time aiming for his right arm.

"Ahh" he screams back as the gun flies a few feet away. His eyes meet mine with determined rage and he goes to stand and lunge at me. I raise the stick high and bash it over his head before he tackles me to the ground. We tumble into the murk and he lies almost as dead weight on top of me. As he tries to regain full consciousness I try to wriggle from underneath him. I wriggle my body through the dirt and leaves and just as I get my legs free and go to grab the gun something grabs my left foot and jerks it backwards.

My injured leg burns as it gets pulled in the opposite direction "ahhhhh!" I screech as I try and fight his pull. I twist so my back is on the ground and try and deflect him with a kick. My foot meets his stomach but he only responds with a heavy breath out and a tighter grip on my leg.

"C'mere bitch!" He mumbles grotesquely while climbing on top of me. I try to turn my body against his to crawl away but he keeps his legs around me tightly. He pushes his hand into my chest and I form a fist with my hands and try and punch him off of me. My attempts fall flat as he sits up straight on top of my torso area and releases his hand from my chest. I go to take a deep breath in and he grunts "you shouldn't have done that, you cunt" his stained teeth stare back at me in a grin.

I suck in my breath deeper and spit at him "you're a pig!" I growl after. His dark eyes don't adjust and he grabs my hands swinging at him and raises them bent above me. "Get off me!" I scream.

"You're really going to regret that!" He says putting both hands together freeing his right hand. He moves his free hand down to my button and struggles to undo it.

I fight as much as I can against him but he's too heavy. He finally unbuttons them and pulls them down an inch or so at a time per leg. "Stop!" I scream out. I won't let him do this, i'd rather die to a biter than be attacked by this scum.

"Clint ain't giving this ass to the leader" he says grabbing a hold and squeezing it. I continue to fight and scream hoping a biter gets here soon to distract him. He tries to unbutton his pants "stay still, bitch!" he gives me a right hook and everything spins.

I know I need to keep fighting but my head can't see things right. I hear him cackle at my fleeting strength and screams and attempt to unbutton again. He successfully does and lowers his pants. I continue to fight and he must have accepted my hit as a defeat and his grip loosens of my hands. I get a hand free and go to push him off. He laughs at my feeble attempt and quickly regains his power over me. "Help. Please" I go to yell more but it comes out just above a whisper.

"Nothin' like your first time" Flax mocks leaning down by my ear. He pushes his head into my hair and sniffs. I move my head to the side and he pushes his mouth to mine. I try and pull away but my head is sunk into the ground. I try and bite his lip hard but he manages to pull away without any real damage done. He wipes the small amount blood I do see away "enough with this crap" he puts his free hand back down to my jeans to make sure they are down enough.

"Stop! Stop! Help! Please!" I whimper out as loud as I can in fear as his hands touch my stomach. I manage to free my hand again and try and push him off of me. He gets angry and hits me across the face again. This time I taste the blood from my own mouth. My body is spinning on the ground and my eyes are heavy with exhaustion. I know what is about to happen, and now part of me is glad I'm about to pass out so I'm not awake for it. I tell myself to keep fighting. Fight till the end. As he adjusts himself on top of me for a better position to enter me, his eyes go wide and his face goes dark. His grip loosens around my hands and I lower them. His eyes drop with his head to look down at his stomach and pointing out is the tip of an arrow.

As he grasps the injured area with his hand he falls sort of forward and off of me and I wriggle underneath and to the side escaping. I quickly pull my bottom garments up all the while staying aware of Flex next to me "Shannon!" The low voice is next to me and I turn my head to him. I see his mouth moving but I hear nothing. The adrenaline is gone and everything goes black.

----

Don't forget to like/comment :)

Q: What were your thoughts on Daryl/Beth?

A: At first I was totally against it! Eventually with the story line I was rooting for something to happen, then boom. Go figure.