Unusual Findings

I rushed home straight away, trying not the look back at his sorrowful face. I want to listen but how do I know that he's telling the truth? I get home and go to my bedroom, locking the door behind me, turning around then slowly sinking down to the ground with my back on the door. I pull my legs to me and wrap my arms around them. I breath in slowly and then exhale while a tear drops down my cheek. I quickly wipe it away, and stand up then walk to my bed which I collapse onto. Looking up at the ceiling, the plain white ceiling.

------------------------------------------- 

I got to the Sexy Suds Car Wash, and went to Caroline. She gave me the job of the tickets, and she started to explain, "No friend discounts. No freebies. No pay ya laters. We are not running a charity here. No, we are not."

"No we are not, I've got it." I nod, leaning on the table and with my head in my hand.

I end up just zoning out of whatever Caroline was saying an just nodded every so often. I look back up, to then see Stefan walking over, which causes me to sigh  and look somewhere else, to see if I could see anyone else, which of course I can't.

"Hi," Stefan says softly, unsure on what to say and to be honest I didn't either after my release of anger towards him.

"Hey," I say just coming out more than a whisper. I didn't know what to say to him.

"The event is called sexy suds, you know." Caroline scoffs looking at both of us, then walks off.

"Did we just get scolded?" Stefan asks, I guess trying to make conversation.

"And judged, yeah" I answer, standing up, keeping my eyes on the ground.

"Wow."

I look up at him and see that he's already looking at me too. "Listen, Stefan, I'm sorry about the other night, I'm just annoyed about you being so secretive  and I'm not telling you to spill all your secrets to me. I just thought that we were closer than we are, I guess." I shrug and ramble on about whatever.

"Kyra, you don't need to be sorry," He started, which made me scrunch my eyebrows together, "It made me realise how distant I've been and I want to change, or well tell you more anyway. So its alright." Stefan explained.

"I don't understand why you are, the way you are. Keeping your secrets, but I guess I don't tell my whole history to anyone." I shrug.

"My past is very complicated, you could say." He says.

"Well, maybe, one day, I'll know about it." I give a small smile, not wanting to fight. I couldn't stay mad at him.

"One day," He repeats. 

In the distance, I see Elena walking our way, "Anyway, I'm going to go," nodding toward Elena, to show Stefan what I mean, "So, I'll talk to you later," I start to walk away, and then stop and quickly turn around, "Oh, and I think you need to take that off," I point to his top, and smile then carry on walking away. I look back, to see Stefan smiling at me and slightly changing his head.

-----------------------------------------

I end up being at the ticket stand once again.

"That'll be $20." I say in a monotone voice, I then look up, "I saw you last night. You were talking to a friend of mine. At the grill?" I ask the old man from last night.

"Well, I...I thought it was somebody I knew." He explains 

"Stefan Salvatore? " I ask, quite curious.

"Nah, it can't be. It's just my mind playing tricks on me." The man shakes his head in denial.

"Where do you think you'd seen him before?" I question him.