Unanswered Questions

"Are you sure your okay?" He asks once again.

"What if I said no?"

He took a step back and grabbed my hands, "Then that's alright," Stefan assures.

"Is it?" I ask.

"Yes, because you have your friends to help you through it." I look down to the ground.

"I don't know if I can tell them, I don't even understand." I state with my eyebrows scrunched together, looking up at him again, "I don't know if I want to understand."

He hugs me again, wrapping his arms around me, I look at him with confused eyes, "How do you know when it's the right time to do something?" I ask.

He looks around the woods for a moment thinking of an answer, "When you feel anxious of the ending, yet intrigued and excited for what the future could hold," He says.

-------------------------------------------

I go to Elena's house, to see how she's handling what we saw on the news. I knock on the door and wait for someone to answer. It's still early in the morning and so I didn't want to just walk in.  The door opens and I'm faced with Jenna.

I smile  at her, "Hi, is Elena home?" I ask.

"Yep, she's still upstairs, go right up" Jenna gestures to the stairs and so I thank her, then head up to Elena's room.

"Elena?" I slowly open the door and see that she's still in bed. I walk over to her to see that she's still asleep. I sit next to her on the other side and gently shake her. Suddenly, she jolts up with wide eyes.

"Are you alright?" I say looking at her with concern.

She looks at me quickly, then takes a deep breath to calm down. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine" She answers while shaking her head.

"What do you think about what we saw last night?" I quickly ask, having to know.

She takes a few seconds before she answers, "I think that there's an explanation." She states.

"Have you asked him?" I question.

She looks down at her hands, "Yeah, but you need to ask him yourself, okay? And if you do, be careful."

My eyebrows scrunch together in confusion yet I don't say anything of it. "Alright."

-------------------------------------------

I knock on the door quickly waiting for him to answer but seeing as he hasn't answered I'm guessing he's not even here. I step away from the door looking at it for a second then turn around while a sigh escapes my mouth. 

"Well, what do we have here," I hear from behind me making me turn back to my position before.

"Is Stefan here?" I ask not being bothered for his games.

"He may be in his room," he says and with that answer I go to find him trying to get past the arrogant brother of Stefan. "Hold on, where do you think your going?" He asks while grabbing hold of my wrist.

"Where do you think? To your brother." I say in a obvious tone.

"Why do you want to see him so bad?" He says while putting his arm around me and guiding me to the lounge.

"Why now do you care what happens in his life?" I ask back.

"Oh, I don't. I'm just intrigued because your never here so it must be urgent."

"Damon, can I just go to him? I need to ask him something." I say vaguely.

The blue eyed Salvatore's head tilts slightly looking at me confused, "What answers do you want?"