School Gossip (Chapter 2, Picture of Kim)

I dont know why i write the date on my chapters, it makes seem like a diary :S

______________________________________________________________________________

Sunday June 2nd

The next day while I was walking home I heard someone call my name. “Hey, Lindsey! Wait up!” I turned around to see Kim, my best friend, running towards me. “I haven’t seen you around lately.”

“I just got out of the hospital.”

“Oh, well if you have some time, why don’t we go get some ice cream. We really have to catch up.”

A while later....

We sat at a booth near the window. Kim has been filling me in on all the school gossip. The usual who’s been dating who. And stuff like that. “Speaking of dating,” She said smiling at me. “Have you met anyone at the hospital?” she wiggled her eyebrows at me.

“Not at the hospital.”

“But you’ve met someone?” she leaned forward. “Where at?”

“The beach.” I said coolly like I didn’t care much.

“Is he cute?”

“Hmm. So-so.”

“Come on. Stop holding out on me. Give me details.”

“Okay, he’s like, movie star hot. Satisfied now?”

From the way she looked at me I could tell she wasn’t. She crossed her arms and shook her head. “No. Alright this is what I want to know. How did you meet him? When? How old is he? What does he look like? Explain in great detail.”

I let out a sigh. There is no way I can get out of talking about this. I’ve been trying not to think about him. But for some reason that’s where my mind keeps wandering. “I met him yesterday. He was sitting on the beach. He looked upset so I went over to talk to him. He was very rude at first.” I took a bite out of my blizzard. “He’s eighteen and like I said he’s hot.”

She just stared at me and waited for me to continue. Apparently telling her hot wasn’t going to be enough. “He’s tall, brown hair, beautiful green eyes, has a tan. Are you satisfied with my answers yet? Can we talk about something else?”

“Why so eager to change the subject?” she tilted her head to the side and raised an eyebrow at me. “Got a crush on him?”

“No, we barely talked. How can someone fall in love that quickly? All that happened was he walked me to the hospital.”

“I didn’t say love.” She leaned back in her chair and gave me a teasing smile. “Are you?” I just glared at her and finished my blizzard. “Are you going to see him again?”

“Probably not. I didn’t ask.”

“You should have. Why didn’t you? You could have just blew your first romance.”

“Romance? What the hell are you talking about? I didn’t ask because the doctor was yelling at me. It’s not a big deal.”

“Well?”

“Well what?”

“Do you want to see him again?” I didn’t answer her. “I’ll take that as a yes.”

I stood up. “I have to go.”

“Wait, there’s still one thing you haven’t told me.” she paused. “What’s his name?”

“Jake.” When I said it I could feel myself starting to smile. “I’ll see you at school.”

“Bye.”

My family was glad to see me when I got home. Mom cooked my favorite dinner, spaghetti. Then we sat down at the table and worked on a jigsaw puzzle. My brother Tom and I always do puzzles. Some times we frame them. Tom is 19. He’s got black hair and brown eyes. And he is super skinny. When we go walking people think we don’t feed him. That’s how skinny he is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Just a filler chapter, introducing you to some other characters which are not that important but anywho.

Please vote (Y)