The trolls (Chapter 10)

Wednesday June 26th

            I woke up in Jakes arms. He was still fast asleep. I buried my face in his chest. We were like that for quite a while. But then the trolls barged into the room. I let out a little scream and pulled the covers up to my chin. Jake jumped awake.

            At first he seemed confused then he realized what was going on. He glared at the trolls. “Get out!” he yelled at them.

            Trash came in then. He raised his eyebrows at us. “Okay guys get out.” he said calmly. “Let them get dressed.” he stared at us a couple more seconds before leaving. 

            They left and we got dressed. “I’m going to kill them.” Jake said pissed. He picked up his sword. “This should do.”

            “Jake! You can’t kill them.” I said.

            “Why the hell not?”

            “We need them to help kill the ogre.” I said.

            “I think we could do without them.” Then he mumbled under his breath, “Trash will be teasing me about this forever.” He turned to me, “If those trolls try anything I’m killing them.”

            “Okay, let’s go.” We met Trash and the trolls at the castle entrance.

            “The queen gave me a map. She marked where we’ll most likely be able to find the ingredients.” Trash said. “We have to cross the dead lands again.” I took the map and looked at it. “We’re going here first.” Trash pointed to the map. We had to go diagonally across the dead lands.

            We started into the forest. We walked for about ten minutes and I tripped over a tree root. Jake caught me before I hit the ground. He held my hand from then on. We got to the dead lands and we climbed onto Trash.

            Then Slug said, “Guess what.”

            “We came up with another song.” Daniel said.

            “Want to hear it?”

            “Yeah, do you?”

            No one answered so I said, “Sure, why not?”

            They let out their hyena laugh. Then they started singing. “Twelve rolling heads. Eleven scrambled brains. Ten bleeding noses. Nine baked kidneys. Eight rack of ribs. Seven crunchy bones. Six deep fried tongues. Five fried fingers. Four dried eyes. Three left ears. Two big toes. And one bleeding heart.” they burst out in laughter. “That was wonderful.” said Slug.

“We are truly talented.” Daniel said. They continued laughing.

            About two hours later we heard a scream. In the distance the harpy’s were attacking something. Then I heard, “NOOO!!! You can’t do this!!! I have an education! I know my A T G’s!!!” Trash ran ahead. The trolls ran at them screaming and swinging their clubs. The harpy’s flew off. “Thank you for saving me.” A goblin said. He had a British accent.

            “Hey a goblin.” Said Daniel.

            “He’d be good barbequed.” Added Slug.

            “What? You can’t eat me. I know my A T G’s.”

            Jake pulled out the list of ingredients we needed. “Goblin blood.” I turned to see. Yep it was on the list. Jake got off of Trash and walked toward the goblin. The goblin started to back away.