The Hospital (Chapter 6)

*Joke*

Linsdey: Knock, Knock

Jake: Who's there

Linsdey: Doctor

Jake: Doctor Who

Linsdey: You watch that too ?

Hahahhahahhha, my friend told me this earlier and i found it seriously funny! Might sound lame :/

*Editing Soon*

________________________________________________________

Monday June 10th

I woke up in the hospital the next morning. My heart still ached. “How are you feeling?” dad asked.

“Well I’m alive.” I said with my hand over my chest.

“This isn’t the time for sarcasm. You had an attack.” He pointed a finger at me.

“Hey, at least if she’s being sarcastic she’s feeling better.” Tom said. I know Tom worries about me all the time. But he doesn’t like to show it all the time.

“When can we leave? I want to get out of here.” I said.

“You have to stay here for a few days. The doctor wants to make sure everything is okay. And you need you rest.” Mom worries the most.

“I’m fine.” I complained “And I have a date tomorrow. I can’t be here.”

“Your not going anywhere.” the doctor said walking into the room. “Reschedule your date. You have to stay here. Its what’s best.” I didn’t feel up to an argument right now. The doctor checked the scanner thing and left. My parents left but Tom stayed. We played cribbage. He won once and I won twice. Then Jake showed up.

“Jake!?” I was surprised but happy to see him. “What are you doing here?”

“I called him.” Tom said. “I’ll leave you guys alone.” Then he got up and left. That sneaky little bastard. I love him.

“Are you okay?” Jake asked. I could hear the worry in his voice.

“I’m fine. But I have to stay here for a few days.” I wasn’t looking forward to it.

“I’m glad Tom called me.” He said looking at the floor. “He told me what happened and I got here as soon as I could.”

“Thanks. And I really am fine.” I assured him. “I guess this cancels our date for tomorrow.” I sounded a little depressed.

He looked at me with one eyebrow raised. “Why?”

“I’m stuck in this stupid hospital.”

“We can still hang out here.” There was a slight pause. “Did you want to cancel our date?”

“No. We can hang out here.”

“Good.” he smiled a little. “What do you want to do?” he turned on the CD player and sat on the edge of my bed.

“What ever you want to.”

“I hate it when I have to pick.” He was silent. Listening to the music. It was playing hit me with you best shot by Joan Jett. Jake was bobbing his head to the beat. “You have good taste in music.” He said when the next song started. It was far away by nickel back.

“Thanks. Sometimes I don’t like all the songs on the CD so I make my own mixes.”

“Do you dance?” he asked.